- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2009 – 2014)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002 – 2009)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2014– present)
Children?s Hospital of Philadelphia 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd CHOP North Suite 1533
- MSCE, Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania (2002)
- MD, Medicine, University of California, San Francisco (1996)
- BS, Bio. Basis of Behavior, University of Pennsylvania (1992)
- Rubin DM, Pati S, Luan X, Alessandrini EA. A sampling bias in identifying children in foster care using Medicaid data.. Ambulatory Pediatrics. Vol 5(3). 2005:185-190.
- Rubin, DM, Alessandrini EA, Feudtner C, Mandell DS, Localio AR, Hadley T. Mental health costs and placement stability for children in foster care. Pediatrics. Vol 113(5) . 2004:1336-41.
- Rubin, DM, Alessandrini EA, Feudtner C, Localio AR, Hadley T. Placement changes and emergency department visits in the first year of foster care. Pediatrics. Vol 114(3) . 2004:e354-e360.
- Wood J, Rubin DM, Nance M, Christian CW. Distinguishing inflicted vs. accidental abdominal injuries in young children. Journal of Trauma. Vol 59(5). 2005:1203-1208.
- Lane WG, Rubin DM, Monteith R, Christian CW. Racial differences in the evaluation of pediatric fractures for physical abuse. JAMA. Vol 288(13) . 2002:1609-09.
- Rubin DM, Christian CW, Bilaniuk LT, Zazcycny KA, Durbin D. Occult head injury in high-risk abused children. Pediatrics. Vol 111(6) . 2003:1382-86.
- Alessandrini, EA, Rubin DM, Bilker, WB. Emergency department reliance is a marker for underimmunization. Platform presentation, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine. Vol 11(5) . 2004 May:438-439.
- Rubin DM, O'Reilly A, Luan X, Localio AR. The impact of placement stability on behavioral problems for children in foster care. Pediatrics. Vol 119(2) . 2007:336-344.
- Rubin DM, Downes KJ, O'Reilly A, Mekonnen R, Luan X, Localio AR. The impact of kinship care on behavioral well-being for children in out-of-home care. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. Vol 162(6) . 2008:550-556.
- Wood JN, Christian CW, Adams CM, Rubin DM. The contribution of skeletal surveys in the evaluation of infants with isolated skull fractures. Pediatrics. Vol 123. 2009:e247-e252.