I am a board-certified pediatrician, a doctorally-trained biomechanical engineer and a public health researcher, who conducts research at the interface of child and adolescent health, injury, engineering and behavioral science. My focus is on addressing the leading cause of death and acquired disability in children and adolescents: traffic crashes. My work spans prevention of teen driver crashes, child passenger safety and secondary prevention of posttraumatic stress disorder after injury.
- Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2010– present)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2004 – 2010)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1995 – 1998)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1998 – 2004)
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania (1990)
- Ph.D., Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania (1989)
- MSE, Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania (1984)
- BSE, Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvani (1983)
- Zonfrillo, MR, Kumar, M, Fortes, JA, Winston, FK. Telecenter for secure, remote, collaborative child fatality review.. Injury Prevention. Vol 18(6) . 2012:399-404.
- Winston, Flaura K. Jacobsohn, Lela.. A practical approach for applying best practices in behavioural interventions to injury prevention.. Injury Prevention. Vol 16(2) . 2010 Apr:107-12.
- Winston FK, Schwarz DF, Baker SP. Biomechanical epidemiology: a new approach to injury control research. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. Vol 40(5) . 1996:820-824.
- de Vries, A P. Kassam-Adams, N. Cnaan, A. Sherman-Slate, E. Gallagher, P R. Winston, F K.. Looking beyond the physical injury: posttraumatic stress disorder in children and parents after pediatric traffic injury.. Pediatrics. Vol 104(6) . 1999 Dec:1293-9.
- Ginsburg, Kenneth R. Winston, Flaura K. Senserrick, Teresa M. Garcia-Espana, Felipe. Kinsman, Sara. Quistberg, D Alex. Ross, James G. Elliott, Michael R.. National young-driver survey: teen perspective and experience with factors that affect driving safety.. Pediatrics. Vol 121(5) . 2008 May:e1391-403.
- Zonfrillo, M.R., Master, C.L., Grady, M.F., Winston, F.K., Callahan, J.M., Arbogast, K.B.. Pediatric Providers? Self-Reported Knowledge, Practices, and Attitudes About Concussion. Pediatrics. Vol 130(6) . 2012:1120-1125.