- Administrative Units:
- Centers of Emphasis:
Biomedical Informatics (CBMi)
I have extensive experience in data coordinating centers and statistical analysis for numerous clinical studies. I have been providing biostatistical support for medical pediatric research for more than 20 years and have particular expertise in the methodology of repeated measures and longitudinal studies, measurement errors, effect of initial measurement on the estimation of treatment effect. I also have significant experience in collaborative biomedical research and in the development and evaluation of methods for the analysis of clinical trials. I served as a Co-PI on a study titled: ?Validation of the NIH stroke scale in Children?, the purpose of this project is to evaluate the reliability, validity and predictive utility of a pediatric adaptation of the NIH Stroke Scale. I also served as the Director of the Biostatistical and Bioinformatics Core for a longitudinal study titled ?Kinetic Analysis of Immunologic Repletion and Influenza Vaccine Responsiveness?, a comprehensive analysis of the immunologic response to killed trivalent influenza vaccine in different immuno-compromised populations in order to understand how to improve vaccine responses. Finally, I have extensive experience serving as a key investigator on clinical research studies involving Autism, ADHD, and psychosocial intervention development and evaluation.
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics in Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1994 – 2004)
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1996 – 2007)
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics in Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2007– present)
- Ph.D., Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh (1993)
- M.Sc., Hygiene, University of Pittsburgh (1986)
- B.A., Statistics, Al-Mustanseria University, Baghdad, Iraq (1975)
- Sullivan, K. E., Jawad, A. F., Piliero, L. M., Kim, N., Luan, X., Goldman, D., and Petri, M.. Analysis of Polymorphisms Affecting Immune Complex Handling in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Rheumatology. Vol 42. 2003:446-452.
- Levy, S.E., Souders, M.C., Wray, J., Jawad, A.F., Gallagher, P.R., Coplan, J., Belchic, J.K., Gerdes, M., Mitchell, R., and Mulberg, A.E.. Children with autistic spectrum disorders I: Comparison of Placebo and Single Dose of Human synthetic Secretin. Archives of Disease in Childhood. Vol 88. 2003:731-736.
- Coplan, J., Souders, M., Mulberg, A., Belchic, J.K., Wray, J., Jawad, A.F., Gallagher, P., Mitchell, R., and Levy, S.E.. Children with autistic spectrum disorders II: Parents are unable to distinguish secretin from placebo under double-blind Conditions. Archives of Disease in Childhood. Vol 88. 2003:737-739.
- Sasichy, T., Scalzi, C., Jawad, A.. The relationship between nurse staffing and patient outcome. Journal of Nursing Administration. Vol 33(9) . 2003:478-85.
- Lipman, T.H., Jawad, A., Murphy, K., Katz, L.L.. Incidence of Type 1 diabetes in black children in Philadelphia from 1995-2000. Abstracts of the 14th International Sigma Theta Tau Research Congress: Celebrating Global diversity in Research, Education and Practice. 2003.
- Katz, L.E.L., Ng, D., Zhao, H., and Jawad, A.F.. Free and Total Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I (IGF-I) Levels Decline During Fasting: Relationships with Insulin and Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein-1 (IGFBP-1). Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. Vol 87(6) . 2002:2978-2983.
- Tershakovec, A.M., Jawad, A.F. Stouffer, N.O., Elkasabany, A., Srinivasan, S.R., and Berenson, G.S.. Persistent Hypercholesterolemia is Associated with the Development of Obesity Among Girls: The Bogalusa Heart Study. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol 76(4) . 2002:730-735.
- Rovner, A.J., Schall, J.I., Jawad, A.F., Piccoli, D.A., Stallings, V.A., Mulberg, A.E., and Zemel, B.S.. Rethinking Growth Failure in Alagille Syndrome: The Role of Dietary Intake and Steatorrhea. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. Vol 35. 2002:495-502.
- Meredith H, Jawad, A.F., Noack, N, Rae, J, Curnutte, J.T., and Sullivan, K.E.. Diminished T Cell Numbers in Patients with Chronic Granulomatous Disease. Clinical Immunology. Vol 104(3) . 2002:273-278.
- Haque A, Jawad A, Shabbout M, Cnaan A. Detecting Multicollinearity in Logistic Regression Models: An Extension of BKW diagnostic. Proceeding of the 2002 Joint Statistical Meeting, American Statistical association, Statistical Computing Section. American Statistical Assocaition; New York; 2002 August.