HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Arcus Love Data Week
The NIH's new mandate for data sharing requires NIH funded researchers to submit a Data Management and Sharing Plan (DMSP) outlining how scientific data from their research will be managed and shared.
We're here to help you with that.
The Arcus Research Data Management Team can help explain how this policy will affect you and what you will need to do to comply. You can find resources or request a 30-minute consultation session to discuss your NIH data management and sharing policy-related questions.
But we also want to share a special gift for Love Data Week.
Here is a 12-point checklist for you to consider when preparing your data management and sharing plan (DMSP).
Your DMSP Checklist
- What data will you collect or create?
- How will the data be collected or created?
- What documentation and metadata will accompany the data?
- How will you manage any ethical issues?
- How will the data be stored and backed up during research?
- How will you manage access and security?
- Which data should be retained, shared, and/or preserved?
- What is the long-term preservation plan for the dataset?
- How will you share the data?
- Are any restrictions on data sharing required?
- Who will be responsible for data management?
- What resources will you require to implement your plan?
Your data is important to you, and to us. Contact Arcus with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.