Why do children with injury need support?
- While most children and families are able to cope with injury, there are sometimes challenges throughout the healing process.
- Both physical and emotional healing are important during injury recovery
- The Cellie Coping Kit for Injury is designed to provide helpful tips on living with and recovering from injury.
What does the Cellie Coping Kit for Injury include?
- Cellie toy
- Caregiver book
- 44 coping cards for children
- Cellie backpack
What research has been completed with the Cellie Coping Kit for Injury?
- Our initial research suggests that children and parents found the kit helpful and fun to use. Families also reported that they learned new information and gained a new perspective from using the Cellie kit.
What do some parents and children who have used the Cellie Kit think about it?
- "[I] used it [the Kit] if I was nervous and to get ready for the hospital." – Child, age 9
- "Cellie helped when I had trouble with shots." – Child, age 12
- "[The Kit] helped me help my child understand [the recovery process], and sharpened my parenting skills." – Parent of 9-year-old child
- September 2016. Marsac, M.L., Weiss, D., Cole, D., Kohser, K.L., Hildenbrand, A.K., Barakat, L.P., & Alderfer, M.A. Systematic development of an evidence-based tool to promote adjustment to pediatric medical conditions: The Cellie Coping Kit. (Poster at the 2016 Society of Developmental Pediatrics Annual Meeting, Savannah, GA).
- Marsac, M.L. Cellie Coping Kit for Injury: Promoting Children's Health Recovery. Center for Injury Research and Prevention at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Blog. February 2015.
Tell us what you think!
We love to hear feedback about how you use the Kit or new ideas that you have!
Complete our survey at https://tiu.research.chop.edu/redcap/redcap/surveys/?s=RFTcW3 or contact us at email@example.com.
You can also follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/celliecopingkit