Why do children with food allergies need support?
- Although most children, teens, and parents adapt well to their food allergies, managing food allergies can be difficult.
- The Cellie Coping Kit for Food Allergies was developed to give families some helpful tips on how to manage living with food allergies.
What does the Cellie Coping Kit for Children with Food Allergies include?
- Cellie toy
- Caregiver book
- 42 coping cards for children
- Cellie backpack
What research has been completed with the Cellie Coping Kit for Children with Food Allergies?
- Our initial research suggests that children and parents learned new coping tips from the Cellie kit, and that the materials were fun and easy to use.
What do some parents and children who have used the Cellie Kit think about it?
- "[The Cellie Kit] has life-saving tips." – Child, age 10
- "If you are feeling frustrated about how to handle your kid's allergies, use this kit. It reduces anxiety for both parent and child." – Parent of 7-year-old child
- "[The Cellie Kit] is helpful and picks up your spirit." – Child, age 11
- September 2016. Marsac, M.L., Weiss, D., Cole, D., Kohser, K.L., Hildenbrand, A.K., Barakat, L.P., & Alderfer, M.A. Systematic development of an evidence-based tool to promote adjustment to pediatric medical conditions: The Cellie Coping Kit. (Poster at the 2016 Society of Developmental Pediatrics Annual Meeting, Savannah, GA).
- Cole, D., Weiss, D., Kohser, K.L., Jones, C., Kassam-Adams, N., Brown-Whitehorn, T., Lewis, M., Devine, P., Marsac, M.L. The Cellie Coping Kit for Children with Food Allergy: A Pilot Study. Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonology, 2017, 30(1): 39-44. doi:10.1089/ped.2016.0698.
Tell us what you think!
We love to hear feedback about how you use the Kit or new ideas that you have!
Complete our survey at https://tiu.research.chop.edu/redcap/redcap/surveys/?s=RFTcW3 or contact us at email@example.com.
You can also follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/celliecopingkit