In This Section
Service Delivery items:
- Security Training, Education, and Workshops (workgroup, lab group or Enterprise group)
- HIPAA Compliance
- FISMA Compliance
- Security Risk Assessment
- Security Contract requirements review
- Strategic Initiatives
- PCI Scans/Vulnerability Management/ Hardening Advisement
- Regulation Assessments
- Application Security Assessments
- Policy & Procedures
- Integration with Research Offices
Information Security Tips:
- Do not send confidential information on unsecure networks such as email, instant messages, or text messages.
- Use Sharefile for a more secure way to share sensitive information.
- Our secure e-mail solution provides a method for CHOP e-mail users to send sensitive information to recipients outside the organization in a secure and confidential manner.
- Use [SEND SECURE] in the subject line of an email message in order to create an encrypted message for all recipients outside the Hospital e-mail system.
- Must be at least 10 characters long
- Must not be dictionary words.
- Must include three (3) out of the four (4) options:
- One uppercase letter
- One lowercase letter
- One number
- One special character
- Must be changed at least every 180 days
- Must have a minimum age of 1 day
- Must not be the same as the last 4 passwords
- Must be transmitted and stored securely encrypted
- Accounts must lock out for a set time period after 10 failed logon attempts. Screen lockout time is 20 minutes when system is idle.
Use portable devices with care:
- Do not put any unknown flash (or USB) drive into your computer as you could infect your company network with malware.
- Do not open files that are not familiar from portable devices.
- Encrypt all data on laptops, flash drives, and other portable CHOP devices.
- Eliminate PHI and PII:
Purge all sensitive data (SSNs, credit card information, patient information, etc.) from your computer unless authorized to store locally.
Work Space Protection:
- Log off or Lock systems when you leave them unattended.
- Do not use another person’s account, identity, or password.
- Do not connect unauthorized hardware to the CHOP network.
- Report Lost or Stolen CHOP device immediately to the IS Service Desk- 215-590-4357 or (Ext. 4-HELP)
- Don’t be tricked into downloading malicious software:
Stop and think before you open attachments or click links in unusual e-mail, text, or instant messages (IM), on social networks, or in random pop-up windows. If you’re unsure if a message is legitimate contact the IS Service Desk.