In This Section
Request Computer Hardware Repair or Replace
RIS provides some basic hardware repair services. RIS will refer out for repair when appropriate. Before contacting RIS please check that your hardware is still under warrentee.
Please visit the following sites to check your warranty status:
To check your Apple Service and Support Coverage:
Returning computer hardware must be referred to Processing Returns and Repairs - Contact your Buyer for product returns and service repairs (Be sure to reference your PO and outline your exact needs).
The Research IS End User Technology Services team is responsible for supporting the diverse technology needs of all Research Institute staff, which includes all PI's, Lab and Research Institute Administrative staff.
Please refer specific hardware usage questions to their respective support providers or contact the CHOP IS Support Center at ext. 4-HELP (4-4357) or (215) 590-4357.
- Go to Service Desk Portal
- Select "Order Something" from top left 3 bar menu
- Select "IT Services"
- Select "Ad Hoc"
- Which IS Area/Service do you need assistance from? Add 'Research IS"
- What is the specific type of service you need assistance with? Add "RIS End User Technology Services"
- Assignment Group "Research ARC" or "Research CTRB" or "Research RCPR" depending on your location
- Short Description "Request to take computer system
- Description "Support for Hardware Repair - Provide full details of the needed hardware repair"
- Add screenshots using the "Add Attachments" if useful in resolving your request
- Select the "Order Now" button
- Copy reference number for your records.