HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Spread the word about your upcoming Research Institute event and attract attendees! Whether you’re hosting a symposium, a lecture series, an awards presentation, or a workshop, Research Creative Services can help you promote it.
When you submit a virtual or in-person event, you can choose your audience:
- The external calendar on the Research Institute’s website is visible to people outside of the organization.
- The internal calendar on @CHOP Research reaches CHOP employees only.
- Or you have the option for your event to appear both externally and internally.
- Events also can be displayed on digital signage within the Roberts and Abramson buildings on the Research Institute’s campus.
Submitting a Research Institute Event to our Calendars is Easy
Simply go to https://www.research.chop.edu/events, and click on “Submit an Event.”
Once that form is submitted, a member of the Research Creative Services team will reach out to you to confirm your submission. Please allow for a turnaround time of five days. During that time, you will receive communication from our editorial and design teams to approve the copy and visual components that accompany your event posting. Once the events are posted in your chosen locations, you’ll receive the links to share with colleagues.
Helpful Tips for Submitting Your Event
- Events can be submitted up to six months in advance.
- Ensure that all the necessary members of your team review the text before submission. This will ensure that the copy is as close to publication ready as possible. While edits are allowed after submission, they should be minor: Significant changes to copy may delay your posting.
- Individual submissions are REQUIRED for each day of a multi-day event.
- The event text must be included in the “Long Description” field.
- In the “Event Contact” email field, please include an email address that we can publish with the event for attendees to get more information. This may not always be the same as the Submitter’s Contact email.
- Consider if you want to reach an audience outside of the Research Institute. If your event is open to everyone, regardless of affiliation, then select to promote the event on the Research Institute’s external website. If the audience is strictly within CHOP, then select to promote the event internally on the @CHOP Research page.
- If you additionally need printed flyers, please note this request on your submission form.