HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
ECHO Autism at CHOP
What is ECHO Autism?
ECHO Autism is a virtual learning network of providers offering real-time access to autism and behavioral experts. ECHO Autism takes the principles of ECHO and adds the components of interdisciplinary expertise, including the integration of parent expertise. Our interdisciplinary team advises providers across the country and even internationally to support best practices in autism care for medical, behavioral and education concerns. This innovative system allows professionals to increase their confidence in identifying and treating autism and expand their knowledge about treatments and solutions.
How Will ECHO Autism Help Me?
Get expert autism specialist knowledge in a virtual learning network with The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia providers, including a developmental pediatrician, child psychologist, social worker, parent advocate/educator. Care for your patients in your own practice with the support of nationally recognized autism experts. Regular, convenient access to CHOP experts will help providers increase knowledge about:
- Evidence-based practices for screening, diagnosis and treatment of autism
- Common medical and psychiatric concerns in children with autism
- Successful office visits for children with autism and other behavioral concerns
- Care for your patients in your own practice with the support of nationally recognized autism experts
Learn about best practices and evidence-based care for:
- Improved referrals
- Screening, diagnosis and treatments
- Common medical and psychiatric concerns
- Successful office visits
Why should ECHO Autism matter to you?
- 1 in 44 children have autism
- 50-80% have trouble with sleep
- 40-80% have GI issues
- More than 50% have co-occuring anxiety or ADHD
- Parents need medical support in their home communities
- You can make a huge difference for families in your community!
How Does ECHO Autism Work?
ECHO Autism meets virtually for 90 minutes every other week. Our Summer/Fall 2023 series will be held the 2nd Thursdays (4-5:30pm EST) and 4th Tuesdays (12:30-2pm EST) of each month, from July 25, 2023 to December 14, 2023.
What do I need to get started?
- Contact ECHOAutismCHOP@chop.edu
- Internet access
- A front-facing camera on smartphone, tablet, or computer/webcam
Meet the ECHO Team!
- Amanda E. Bennett, MD, MPH
- Judith Miller, PhD
- Alyssa Rosen, MD
- Susannah Reimer, LCSW
- Amy Kelly, MBA, MNM