- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2008– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1989 – 1992)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1992 – 1998)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1998 – 2008)
Dr. Rutstein has 30 years experience in providing, and directing, clinical care for HIV exposed and infected youth.
He also has extensive clinical experience in the care of children in general (more than 35 years of providing direct outpatient clinical care to children from birth to 25yrs of age, as well as 35 years of experience providing and directing inpatient care to children birth to 13 years of age).
Dr. Rutstein's HIV-related clinical research involves multiple phase I and II protocols of new anti-retroviral agents. In addition, he has led multiple clinical research efforts describing HIV related illness, drug effect, survival, etc. Dr. Rutstein has a free standing clinical database of all patient visits, and maintains a specimen repository.
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1977)
- B.A., Honors-PreMed, University of Massachusetts (1974)