- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (1999 – 2004)
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2004– present)
Child/Adolescent OCD, Tics, Trichotillomania and Anxiety Group (COTTAGe) University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 3535 Market Street, 6th Floor
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Rhode Island (1993)
- M.S., Experimental Psychology, Villanova University (1990)
- B.A., Psychology, Canisius College (1985)
- Franklin, M. E. Tolin, D. F. & Diefenbach, G.. Trichotillomania. Obsessive compulsive disorder: Subtypes and spectrum conditions. Elsevier; 2008:139-159.
- Roth Ledley, D. A., Pai, A., & Franklin, M. E.. Treating comorbid presentations: OCD, anxiety disorders, and depression. Psychological treatment of OCD: Fundamentals and beyond. Wshington, D. C.: American Psychological Association Press; 2007:281-293.
- Franklin, M. E., & Foa, E. B.. Cognitive-behavioral treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A guide to treatments that work (3rd edition). New York: Oxford University Press; 2007:431-446.
- Hajcak, G., Franklin, M. E., Foa, E. B., & Simons, R. F.. Increased error-related brain activity in pediatric OCD before and after treatment. American Journal of Psychiatry. Vol 165. 2008:116-123.
- Freeman, J. B., Choate-Summers, M. L., Moore, P. S., Garcia, A. M., Sapyta, J. L., Leonard, H. L., & Franklin, M. E.. Cognitive behavioral treatment of young children with obsessive compulsive disorder. Biological Psychiatry. Vol 61. 2007:337-343.
- Franklin, M. E., & Himle, M. B.. "Evidence-based psychosocial treatments fpr tic disorders:" Theoretical and treatment implications (commentary). Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice. Vol 14. 2007:274-278.
- Franklin, M. E. & Tolin, D. F.. Treating trichotillomania: Cognitive behavioral therapy for hair pulling and related problems. New York, NY: Springer; 2007.
- Keuthen, N. J., Flessner, C. A., Woods, D. W., Franklin, M. E., Stein, D. J., Cashin, S. E., & The Trichotillomania Learning Center Scientific Advisory Board. Factor analysis of the Massachsetts General Hospital (MGH) Hairpulling Scale. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. Vol 62. 2007:707-709.
- Tolin, D. F., Franklin, M. E., Diefenbach, G. J., Anderson, E., & Meunier, S. A.. Pediatric trichotillomania: Descriptive psychopathology and an open trial of cognitive-behavioral therapy. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Vol 36. 2007:129-144.
- Flessner, C. A., Woods, D. W., Franklin, M. E., Keuthen, N. J., Piacentini, J. C., Cashin, S. E., Moore, P. S., & The Trichotillomania Learning Center Scientific Advisory Board. The Milwaukee Inventory for Styles of Trichotillomania- Child Version (MIST-C): The assessment of pulling subtypes in children and adolescents. Behavior Modification. Vol 31. 2007:896-918.