YOUTH HEART WATCH of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Heart Health Screening study---06/01/2006-present---Various foundation support---$10,000
Our program will screen children and youth in selected schools for heart health, looking for undiagnosed conditions that can result in sudden cardiac death in an effort to prevent these tragic events. We will also work with the schools to help assure that their secondary prevention (automated external defibrillator-AED) programs are fully implemented.
I participate as a reader of pediatric echocardiograms done during the screening sessions.
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2000 – 2004)
- Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2004– present)
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine New York, New York (1981)
- B.S., Biology, St. John's University (1977)
- Gleason, M.M.. ?What The Pediatrician Needs to Know: Care for the Child with Hypoplastic left Heart Syndrome?. The Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Klewer Academic Publishing,Boston; 2003:379-392.