Dr. Devoto's main research interest is in the application and development of statistical genetics methods to the identification of genes responsible for human disorders, or underlying susceptibility to complex genetic traits. Researchers in Dr. Devoto's group use a variety of statistical genetic methods primarily for the purpose of carrying out linkage analysis and genetic association studies for disease gene mapping in families and patients with different genetic disorders.
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2012– present)
- Professor of Epidemiology in Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2012– present)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006 – 2012)
- Associate Professor of Epidemiology in Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2006 – 2012)
- MSc, Applied Statistics, Linacre College, University of Oxford, UK (1986)
- PhD, Statistics and Demography, University of Bologna, Italy (1983)
- Cui S, Leyva-Vega M, Tsai E, Eauclaire S, Glessner J, Hakonarson H, Devoto M, Haber B, Spinner N, Matthews R.. Evidence from human and zebrafish that GPC1 is a biliary atresia susceptibility gene.. Gastroenterology. Vol 144. 2013:1107-1115.
- Capasso M, Diskin S, Totaro F, Longo L, De Mariano M, Russo R, Cimmino F, Hakonarson H, Tonini GP, Devoto M, Maris J, Iolascon A.. Replication of GWAS-identified neuroblastoma risk loci strengthens the role of BARD1 and affirms the cumulative effect of genetic variations on disease susceptibility.. Carcinogenesis. Vol 34. 2013:605-611.
- Widdershoven J, Bowser M, Sheridan M, McDonald-McGinn D, Zackai E, Solot C, Kirschner R, Beemer F, Morrow B, Devoto M, Emanuel B. A candidate gene approach to identify modifiers of the palatal phenotype in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome patients.. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. Vol 77. 2013:123-127.
- Feldman G, Parvizi J, Levenstien M, Scott K, Erickson J, Fortina P, Devoto M, Peters C. Developmental dysplasia of the hip: Linkage mapping and whole exome sequencing identify a shared variant in CX3CR1 in all affected members of a large multi-generation family.. J Bone Miner Res. 2013 In Press.
- Gallant E, Francey L, Fetting H, Kaur M, Hakonarson H, Clark D, Devoto M, Krantz ID.. Novel COCH mutation in a family with autosomal dominant late onset sensorineural hearing impairment and tinnitus.. Am J Otolaryngol. Vol 34. 2013:230-235.
- Herman S, Guo T, McGinn D, Blonska A, Shanske A, Bassett A, Chow E, Bowser M, Sheridan M, Beemer F, Devriendt K, Swillen A, Breckpot J, Digilio M, Marino B, Dallapiccola B, Carpenter C, Zheng X, Johnson J, Chung J, Higgins A, Philip N, Simon T, Coleman K, Heine-Suner D, Rosell J, Kates W, Devoto M, Zackai E, Wang T, Shprintzen R, Emanuel B, Morrow B; and the International Chromosome 22q11.2 Consortium.. Overt cleft palate phenotype and TBX1 genotype correlations in velo-cardio-facial/DiGeorge/22q11.2 deletion syndrome patients.. Am J Med Genet A. Vol 158A. 2012:2781-2787.
- Danjou F, Anni F, Fortina P, Perseu L, Satta S, Dessi C, Lai ME, Devoto M, Galanello R:. Genetic modifiers of beta-thalassemia and clinical severity as assessed by age at first transfusion.. Haematologica. Vol 97. 2012:989-993.