In This Section
Advances the Research Institute’s commitment to the development of shared resources that facilitate interdisciplinary research through numerous Core facilities that service both laboratory and clinical research programs.
As the director of Core Facilities Administration, Lisa MacDowell works to accomplish the Research Institute’s strategic plan and achieve its goals by ensuring that Core labs have reliable financial oversight, appropriate staffing, state-of-the-art technology, and unparalleled knowledge to accomplish investigators’ major scientific goals and drive innovation. MacDowell’s team supports Core laboratory directors as they formulate agreements for research Core services, calculate service prices, invoice for services, and manage core financial operating budgets and results.
Education and Training
- BSBA, Slippery Rock University, Accounting, 1986
- MBA, University of Scranton, specialization in Healthcare Administration, 2015
- Certificate, Leadership and Management in Core Facilities, Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, 2015
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA); The PA Institute of CPAs, 2004
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); The Institute of Internal Auditors, 2005
Titles and Academic Titles
- The Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (ABRF), 2010-
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Directors and Staff of Scientific Cores (MAD-SSCi), 2018-
Reading, Personal Development, Mentoring