Division of Hematology The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th Street & Civic Center Blvd.
- Emeritus Professor CE of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2010– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1986 – 1989)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1989 – 1996)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1996 – 2010)
- M.D., ?, Yale University (1975)
- B.S., (Biology), Yale University (1970)
- Kwiatkowski JL, Hunter JV, Smith-Whitley K, Katz ML, Shults J, Ohene-Frempong K. Transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in siblings with sickle cell disease.. Br J Haematol. Vol 121(6). 2003:932-7.
- Iyamu EW, Adunyah SE, Fasold H, Horiuchi K, Baliga S, Ohene-Frempong K, Turner EA, Asakura T. Combined use of nonmyelosuppressive nitrosourea analogues with hydroxyurea in the induction of F-cell production in a human erythroleukemic cell line.. Exp Hematol.. Vol 31(7). 2003:592-600.
- Zemel BS, Kawchak DA, Fung EB, Ohene-Frempong K, Stallings VA. Effect of zinc supplementation on growth and body composition in children with sickle cell disease. Am J Clin Nutr. Vol 75. 2002:300-7.
- Ware RE, Eggleston B, Redding-Lallinger R, Wang WC, Smith-Whitley K, Daeschner C, Gee B, Styles L, Helms RW, Kinney TR, Ohene-Frempong K. Predictors of fetal hemoglobin response in children with sickle cell anemia receiving hydroxyurea therapy.. Blood. Vol 99(1). 2002:10-14.
- Wang WC, Helms RW, Lynn HS, Redding-Lallinger R, Gee BE, Ohene-Frempong K, Smith-Whitley K, Waclawiw MA, Vichinsky EP, Styles LA, Ware RE, Kinney TR. Effect of hydroxyurea on growth in children with sickle cell anemia: results of the HUG-KIDS Study.. J Pediatr.. Vol 140(2). 2002:225-9.
- Scothorn DJ, Price C, Schwartz D, Terrill C, Buchanan GR, Shurney W, Sarniak I, Fallon R, Chu JY, Pegelow CH, Wang W, Casella JF, Resar LS, Berman B, Adamkiewicz T, Hsu LL, Ohene-Frempong K, Smith-Whitley K, Mahoney D, Scott JP, Woods GM, Watanabe M, Debaun MR. Risk of recurrent stroke in children with sickle cell disease receiving blood transfusion therapy for at least five years after initial stroke.. J Pediatr.. Vol 140(3). 2002:348-54.
- Barden EM, Kawchak DA, Ohene-Frempong K, Stallings VA, Zemel BS. Body composition in children with sickle cell disease.. Am J Clin Nutr.. Vol 76(1). 2002:218-25.
- Nelson MC, Zemel BS, Kawchak DA, Barden EM, Frongillo EA Jr, Coburn SP, Ohene-Frempong K, Stallings VA. Vitamin B6 status of children with sickle cell disease.. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol.. Vol 24(6). 2002:463-9.
- Katz ML, Smith-Whitley K, Ruzek SB, Ohene-Frempong K. Knowledge of stroke risk, signs of stroke, and the need for stroke education among children with sickle cell disease and their caregivers.. Ethn Health.. Vol 7(2). 2002:115-23.
- Kennedy TS, Fung EB, Kawchak DA, Zemel BS, Ohene-Frempong K, Stallings VA. Red blood cell folate and serum vitamin B12 status in children with sickle cell disease.. J Pediatr Hematol/Oncol. Vol 23(3). 2001:165-9.