Division of Gastroenterology & Nutrition Children'S Hospital 34th %Civic Center
267 426 5505
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004 – 2007)
- MS, Epidemiology, University of Cincinnati (2003)
- MD, University of Tennessee College of Medicine (1997)
- BA, Psychology, Emory University (1993)
- Burdette HL, Whitaker RC. Neighborhood playgrounds, fast food restaurants, and crime: Relationships to overweight in low-income preschool children. Preventive Medicine. Vol 38. 2004:57-63.
- Burdette HL, Whitaker RC, Daniels SR. Parental report of outdoor playtime as a measure of physical activity in preschool-aged children. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. Vol 158. 2004:353-357.
- Leary LE, Saelens BE, Frank LD, Auffrey C, Whitaker R, Burdette HL. Environment assessment of public recreation spaces (EAPRS): Measurement development. Ann Behav Med. Vol 27. 2004:S027.
- Burdette HL, Whitaker RC, Kahn RS, Harvey-Berino J. Association of maternal obesity and depressive symptoms with television viewing time in low-income preschool children. Arch Pediatr Adolesc. Vol 157. 2003:894-899.
- Burdette HL, Whitaker RC, Harvey-Berino J, Kahn RS. Depressive symptoms in low-income mothers and emotional and social functioning in their preschool children. Ambulatory Pediatrics. Vol 3. 2003:288-294.
- Burdette HL, Whitaker RC, Claytor RP, Khoury PR, Daniels SR. Validation study of time spent outdoors as a surrogate measure of physical activity in preschoolers. (Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, Seattle). Med Sci Sports Exerc. Vol 35((suppl 5)) . 2003:S340.
- Burdette HL, Whitaker RC, Daniels SR. Validation study of time spent outdoors as a surrogate measure of physical activity in preschool children. (Presented at the American College of Sports Medicine Meeting, San Francisco, CA). Vol 53. 2003:208A-209A.
- Burdette HL, Harvey-Berino J, Kahn RS, Whitaker RC. Maternal depression and obesity predict television viewing in low-income preschool children. (Presented at the Pediatric Academic Socieities Meeting, Baltimore). Vol 51. 2002:203A.
- Burdette HL, Kahn RS, Harvey-Berino J, Whitaker RC. The relationship of well-being in low-income mothers to emotional and social functioning (PedsQL) in their preschool children. (Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, Baltimore, MD. Pediatric Res. Vol 51. 2002:197A.
- Burdette HL. Getting Americans off the couch: linking researchers and public health practitioners. Public Health Rep. Vol 116. 2001:266-267.