Penn Microbiome Human Intervention Core
The Penn Human Intervention Core offers a wide array of services to assist with the design and implementation of microbiome studies. The Core can assist with longitudinal studies as well as pilot studies. Pilot studies can be rapidly implemented with human intervention core staff, project managers and research coordinators, to conduct these studies.
Core services include:
Study Design Consultation
- Input on protocols and consent forms
- Selection of dietary history instruments
- Guidance about specimen collection frequency, specimen processing and testing
Study Organization Consultation and Resources
- Methods/materials: stool collection, rectal swabs, blood and urine spots, OGTT, CGM
- Case report forms
- Regulatory considerations
- Training for research coordinators
Pilot Study Implementation
- If staffing available, able to implement small pilot studies
For more information or to request assistance from the Penn Microbiome Human Intervention Core, please contact lewisjd [at] mail.med.upenn.edu.