HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Accelerate your Genomic Research Discovery with GIC
Oct 13, 2022 ‐ 10:00 am
Virtual Teams Webinar
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL EARLY 2023. DETAILS TBD.
Join us to learn about resources available to all CHOP investigators and research trainees through the GIC.
The Genomic Information Commons (GIC) is a query-able database and federated genomic data commons created to:
- accelerate genomic research discovery
- initiate collaboration with partner institutions
- improve clinical outcomes through collaborative research
The GIC has established highly scalable technologies, policies, and procedures for sharing genomic data, phenotypic data, and biospecimen data on broadly consented cohorts, across sites of care.
- Demonstrate the functionality of the GIC portal
- Learn how to identify cohorts of interest across the GIC network
- Delineate the approach to initiate collaborative research with partner institutions
Ian Krantz, MD
Professor of Pediatrics and Genetics
Tiffiney Hartman, PhD, CGC
Licensed Clinical Genetic Counselor
Asif Chinwalla, MS, MBA
Head of Scientific Computing in the Department of Biomedical & Health Informatics (DBHi)