HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
CIRRUS VM Provisioning Help Guide
Find detailed instructions on CIRRUS VM Provisioning and accessing a new virtual machine.
Service: Request a New Virtual Machine (VM)
Requisites: Cost Center and Activity
Connect to https://www.research.chop.edu/applications/cirrus and click "Cirrus Log In"
At the Login prompt, enter your CHOP username, click "Remember this setting" and Click "Next"
Enter your CHOP Password and Click the "Sign in" button
Click on Catalog tab (It should be the default when first log in), also you are able to see any virtual machines resources were deployed in our virtualization environment
In the Search for Catalog Items field, type "Virtual Machine" and Choose "Request New Virtual Machine"
Or Click to Apply Filter and Select "VM Services" catalog item in the left navigation pane
In the first tab "CostCenter Activity Details", Please select a CostCenter and Activity (Note: All Activities you have added for provisioning or requested access to will be displayed for selection)
Please Select the second tab "VM Customization Details"
Select Service level between "Gold" and "Bronze". High level description of Service Level offerings:
Gold - VPLEX Mirrored
- Storage is mirrored across both datacenters. Should either side fail all systems will be recovered to the surviving location.
- Client systems where significant downtime would impede a department or labs ability to function
- Systems that feed data to clinical or outside systems that could result in safety or financial impact
- Public (Internet) facing web servers
Bronze - No replication
- No replication. Systems placed to balance load and minimize recovery effort in the event of a failure.
- Test, Dev, and QA systems
- Non-mission critical systems that can wait for recovery until the original system can be restored to service or a DR system brought into service
Select OS Platform flavor "Linux" Or "Windows" and select the version from available versions beneath it
Select CPU and RAM count
If you require Additional Storage, Please check the box for 'Is Additional storage required'
Please Select the third tab "VM Profile Details" and Follow the instructions
Enter "Server Name" for the requested Virtual Machine and required description
Select backup Schedule "Daily" or "No Protection" from the list "Select Backup Service" and Select Server Profile "Prod" for production, or "Non Prod" for none production from the list "Select Server Profile"
Please select the fourth tab "VM User Access Details"
Enter CHOP user first name or last name and choose the user from the pop-up menu. If you need to add other users, please click the x icon to remove the name typed and type another user first or last name then choose the new user to add to the list – as per the screenshot below. This applies for both "sudo/admin" or "Remote/Access" Users Users depending on the access type
Please review the fifth tab for summary and error validation of your choices
Click "Submit" to finish