HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
Home & Family
In the Home & Family section of the CAR Autism Roadmap™, you will learn:
- How to prepare for life cycle events (such as the birth of a new baby, moving to a new home, or separation and divorce)
- How to prepare for holiday celebrations, birthday parties, and play dates
- How to find childcare and respite
- How to support siblings
- How to teach hygiene and other self-care habits, including toilet learning and sex education
- How to foster independent living
- Residential options available to adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder
The Home & Family section of the CAR Autism Roadmap™ answers many questions you may have and may help you to prepare for the unexpected. Use the filter options on the left side of your screen below to narrow article selections by categories.
101 - 102 of 102
Last updated on Jan 23, 2020 in CAR Autism Roadmap™
The Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act was passed in 2014. ABLE create tax-advantaged savings accounts for individuals with disabilities and their families. Individuals with disabilities who rely on public benefits for income such as SSI...
Last updated on Jan 20, 2020 in CAR Autism Roadmap™
It happens to almost every parent of a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) at some point. You are in a grocery store, at the park, or a restaurant. Your child with ASD is not having a great day. Maybe he 's tantruming; maybe she 's flapping...