HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Research Data Storage Options
A variety of options for file storage and sharing are available to the Research Institute community. Research Information Services has provided guidance on which option is best suited to your investigative and collaboration needs. It is the individual user's responsibility for what data is shared outside Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, even if service option is PHI/PII, HIPAA compliant.
Research Information Services has provided guidance on which option is best suited to your investigative and collaboration needs.
All CHOP employees and vendors contracted by CHOP must be in compliance with the Acceptable Use of Technology Policy (log in required).
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
File Sharing Solutions – Best Location
|Specification*||Personal Network Drive||Office 365 OneDrive||Office 365 Teams Files||at.CHOP.edu (Current Intranet)||SharePoint (Future Intranet)||Research Fileshare Drive||Wiki.CHOP.edu||Google Drive Access||Google@CHOP||Research Institute Website|
|Document Sharing with Established Group|
|Available off CHOP Network|
|Document Sharing with Individuals (1-off projects)|
|Self-Serve Access Management|
|Allows External Collaborators|
|Single Sign On Available|
|Large Data Sets|
|Request/Work Intake Forms|
|Group Persistent Chats|
|Published Announcements with Archives|
|Document Storage (not Active/Archived)|
|Document Version Control|
|Project/Task Tracking Lists|
|Support Provided||Digital & Technology Services||Digital & Technology Services||Digital & Technology Services||Digital & Technology Services||Digital & Technology Services||RIS Infrastructure Services||Wiki.CHOP Support||Digital & Technology Services||RIS Infrastructure Services||Request Web Presence Support Support|
*Criteria for Specifications:
- Best Suited For: CHOP employee, with CHOP imaged PCs/ devices that are logged in the CHOP network with CHOP credentials.
- Primary Audience: Audience for which file access is configured
- Allows External Collaborators: Non-CHOP users with access authorization have same service usage access
- Single Sign On Available: CHOP Single Sign On enabled
- Large Data Set Recommendations: Recommendations and specifications related to data set storage size requirements
- Available off CHOP Network: Can be accessed from outside the CHOP Network
- User Access and Permissions: Who controls data access permissions
- Requires Space Admin Training: Training required to be an admin of the service
- PHI Allowed HIPAA Compliant: PHI (Protected Health Information) is permitted to be stored within this service HIPAA compliant data storage option
- Backup Performed: Data is backed up regularly by CHOP Research Information Services or CHOP Enterprise Information Services
- Documentation Library: Specifically designed to act as a document repository
- Document Version Control: Does the service provide automatic versioning of files
- Mobile Device Friendly: Service provides a mobile friendly user interface
- Atlassian Software Compatible: Do other Atlassian products integrate with this product
- Microsoft 365 Compatible: Do other Microsoft products integrate with this product
- Service Access Approval Required: Do I need approval to access this service
- Request Access: Where can I request access?
- Support Provided: CHOP department that provides support and how to request support
- Support Type: Level of support provided by CHOP