HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
OEI is Looking for the Keys to Unlock Innovation at CHOP! Deadline Extended!
OEI’s Call for Ideas Has Been Extended Until Noon, May 25th, 2020, 11:59 AM.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, OEI has had several requests to extend the application period. Therefore, the Call for Ideas application deadline is extended until noon, May 25th, 11:59 AM, giving you more time to apply!
The Office of Entrepreneurship & Innovation’s Call for Ideas seeks novel solutions that impact pediatric healthcare. The OEI team encourages ALL CHOP employees, agnostic of department, division, or physical location, to apply for funding and business support with their unique and innovative pediatric healthcare-related ideas. These ideas and solutions can include new medical devices, healthcare business solutions, drugs and therapies, or healthcare-related software solutions.
Applications are currently open, and will close at noon, May 25th, 2020 at 11:59 AM.
Proposal selection criteria include:
- Potential to impact pediatric and/or adult healthcare
- Commercial potential
- Ability to develop intellectual property
- Achievable commercialization strategy
- Motivated team
If selected, the OEI team will work with the innovator to help create a business plan and development strategy, as well as guide you in prototype development, engineering and testing, project-level capital investment, formal assessment of commercial potential, IP creation strategy, and other related activities to move your project forward.
Examples of current projects in the OEI pipeline:
- PIV – Peripheral IV infiltration detection device
- Ignis Therapeutics – Novel RNA immune-oncology therapeutic nanotechnology for solid tumors
- Nursing VR Training Simulation – Virtual Reality platform for nursing training
- HealthChart – Digital health solution for managing EMR patient data
Applications are currently open, and will close at noon May 25th, 2020 at 11:59 AM. To apply go to https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/8e1891f2d10d40e8ad0fd8b45ca35e59