HOW CAN WE HELP YOU? Call 1-800-TRY-CHOP
In This Section
Did you know? CHOP Microbiome Center
The CHOP Microbiome Center and the PennCHOP Microbiome Program is celebrating World Microbiome Day on June 27!
Did you know these facts about the CHOP Microbiome Center Cores?
- We can sequence a bacterial genome for $130.
- We work on 164 sample types from 11 different hosts.
- We work with 163 investigators from 44 institutions around the world.
- We provide high throughput sample preparation and combines generation and analysis of large-scale metagenomic DNA sequencing data on microbial populations with analysis of patient records, human genetic data, metabolomics and additional omics-type data.
- In FY 22 we processed nearly 8,095 samples and analyzed in excess of 3.29 trillion base pairs of sequence.
- We have a new initiative called The microbial ARchive and Cryo-collection (microbialARC). It is led by Drs. Joe Zackular, Paul Planet, and Ahmed Moustafa and supported by the PennCHOP Microbiome Program. The program was created to decipher strain-level microbial variations in health and disease. microbialARC works with clinicians and basic researchers to biobank and sequence the genomes of both pathogens and commensals. The goal is to develop the next generation of microbial therapeutics for pediatric diseases and implement precision patient care.
If you're interested in our services, please contact us at email@example.com. We're excited to work with you!