The Division of Corporate Alliances (DCA) is the principal point of contact for establishing industry-sponsored research agreements at Children's Hospital. The DCA facilitates the development, execution, negotiation and implementation of the systems, policies and agreements needed for the promotion and management of corporate-sponsored research collaborations within The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute and the Hospital.
The coordinating liaison among principal investigators and corporate sponsors, the DCA provides an interface between the various internal departments to ensure that all the pieces necessary for research are in place. Corporate-sponsored research and contracts are therefore consistent with the Hospital's intellectual property and conflict of interest policies, as well as appropriate NIH regulations and guidelines.
DCA's primary activities include:
- Negotiating and managing Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs) in support of clinical research
- Negotiating and managing Sponsored Research Agreements (SRAs) in support of basic research
- Negotiating and managing material transfer agreements (MTAs) on behalf of interested investigators
- Negotiating confidential disclosure agreements (CDAs) on behalf of investigators
- Negotiating all other collaborative agreements with industry
- Establishing study budgets with the Department of Research Finance
- Negotiating sub-contracts with sister institutions where the primary sponsor is industrial
- Establishing corporate affiliates programs
Contact the Division of Corporate Alliances: