The next CHOP Translational Research Workshop will take place in Fall 2017. Participants will be required to take part in the entire duration of the program and to abide by all guidelines and policies of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
For more information and general questions, please contact the CHOP Office of Postdoctoral Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Workshop Information
Past workshop participants gained key insights into the following at the Translational Research Workshop for Basic Scientists:
- The fundamentals of translational research, including discussions and presentations focusing on the T1 through T4 “stages” of translational research
- The ethical considerations and economics underlying both pediatric translational research and drug development for rare diseases and disorders
- The ins-and-outs of the investigational new drug pipeline
- How an Institutional Review Board (IRB) functions, via a mock IRB activity
- Real-life examples of successful translational research programs presented by investigators in disciplines such as human genetics, gene therapy, oncology, metabolic disease, mitochondrial disease, autism, inflammatory bowel disease, fetal surgery, and other rare diseases/disorders
For more detailed information, please view the agendas for the 2013 and 2015 events below.