...is looking for ALL children with Down syndrome.
- Children with Down syndrome have a unique growth pattern
- Currently used growth charts for children with Down syndrome are outdated
- The CDC is sponsoring a study to develop new growth charts for children with Down syndrome.
- Infants and Toddlers 3 to 18 months are also invited to participate in a substudy of neurologic development
How does it work?
- You and your child will come to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia or one of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Specialty Care Centers
- We will measure your child's growth several times during the study
- We will ask some questions about your child's health and behavior
- To view a Powerpoint show of what a study is like, check out our Resources page!
How long will it take?
- Study visits will last about 1 hour
Why should we take part?
- This study will help create new growth charts for children with Down syndrome
- You will receive information about your child's growth after each visit
- You will be compensated for your time
- To learn more about this study, download the Information Sheet on our Resources page
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (1U01DD000518-01)
- The Clinical and Translational Research Center of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (U54 RR024134)