The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th and Civic Center Boulevard, 12NW
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1976 – 1979)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1979 – 1983)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1983 – 1989)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1989– present)
- Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1997 – 2000)
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine (1971)
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (1966)
- Dubow S, Ludwig S, Douglas S. A Pediatric Faculty Assessment System. 2003.
- Harris MC, Marx J, Gallagher PR, Ludwig S. General versus subspecialty pediatrics: Factors leading to resident career decisions over a 12 year period. 2003.
- Swanson WS, Harris MC, Master C, Gallagher PR, Mauro AE, Ludwig S. Evaluating the Interview in Pediatric Residency Applications. Pediatric Academic Societies? Meeting, Seattle. 2003.
- Balmer DF, Master CL, Rezet B, Ludwig S. An Ethnographic Study of Resident Learning in Continuity Clinic. Pediatric Academic Societies? Meeting, Seattle. 2003.
- Biggs LM, Master CL, Giardino AP, Haecker T, Ludwig S. Attitudes Towards Managed Care: A Comparison Before and After the Implementation of a Managed Care Curriculum. Pediatric Academic Societies? Meeting, Seattle. 2003.
- Spandorfer P, Alessandrini EA, Shaw KA, Ludwig S. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Research: A Critical Evaluation. 2002.
- Friedlaender E, Portnoy J, Dominguez T, Ludwig S. Stridor Secondary to Bacterial Meningitis. 2002.
- Pletcher JR, Rezet B, Forkey H, Trachtenberg S, Ludwig S. The Community Pediatrics and Advocacy Program: Development of a Core Curriculum. 2002.
- Ludwig S & Giardino A. Interdisciplinary Approaches to Child Maltreatment: Assessing Community Resources. Medical Evaluation of Child & Sexual Abuse, 2nd Edition. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks; 2002.