* Pediatric Musculoskeletal Radiology
* Pediatric Trauma
Secondary Appointment: Professor of Pediatric Radiology
Postgraduate Training and Fellowship Appointments:
1972 Resident, Diagnostic Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University
1973 Fellowship, Angiography and Neuroradiology, Thomas Jefferson
University Hospital, Philadelphia
1974 Fellowship Pediatric Radiology, The Children's Hospital of
1. MRI of the upper airways of children with obstructive sleep apnea?
2. Bone Mineral Density in Normal Children
3. Bone Health in Pediatric Crohn?s Disease: a Low Magnitude
Mechanical Stimuli Trial
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Radiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1976 – 1980)
- Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1980 – 1983)
- Associate Professor of Radiology at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1984 – 1992)
- Associate Professor of Radiology in Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1987 – 1992)
- Professor of Radiology at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1992– present)
- Professor of Radiology in Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1997– present)
- MD, University of Tehran Medical School (1966)
- Mahboubi S, Sunaryo FP, Glassman MS, Patel K. Computed tomography in the management and follow up of infantile hemangioendothelioma of the liver in infants and children. J Comput Tomogr. Vol 11. 1987:370-375.
- Mahboubi S, Meyer JS, Hubbard AM, Harty MP, Weinberg PM. Magnetic resonance imaging of airway obstruction resulting from vascular anomalies.. International journal of pediatric otorhinolaryngology. Vol 28(2-3) . 1994 Jan:111-23.
- Mahboubi S, Kramer SS. The pediatric airway. Journal of thoracic imaging. Vol 10(3) . 1995:156-70.
- Long FR, Hunter JV, Mahboubi S, Kalmus A, Templeton JM. Tethered cord and associated vertebral anomalies in children and infants with imperforate anus: evaluation with MR imaging and plain radiography.. Radiology. Vol 200(2) . 1996 Aug:377-82.
- Mahboubi S, Morris MC. Imaging of spinal infections in children. Radiologic clinics of North America. Vol 39(2) . 2001 Mar:215-22.
- Mahboubi S, Glaser DL, Shore EM, Kaplan FS. Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva. Pediatric radiology. Vol 31(5) . 2001 May:307-14.
- Uong EC, McDonough JM, Tayag-Kier CE, Zhao H, Haselgrove J, Mahboubi S, Schwab RJ, Pack AI, Arens R. Magnetic resonance imaging of the upper airway in children with Down syndrome. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. Vol 163(3 Pt 1) . 2001 Mar:731-6.
- Flynn JM, Closkey RF, Mahboubi S, Dormans JP. Role of magnetic resonance imaging in the assessment of pediatric cervical spine injuries.. Journal of pediatric orthopedics. Vol 22(5) . 2002 Sep-Oct:573-7.
- Lutz N, Mahboubi S, Nance ML, Stafford PW. The significance of contrast blush on computed tomography in children with splenic injuries.. Journal of pediatric surgery. Vol 39(3) . 2004 Mar:491-4.