The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine Division of Critical Care 34th Street & Civic Center Boulevard
cardiac arrest and CPR
VF and defibrillation
medical emergency teams (rapid response teams)
pediatric critical care
- Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2009– present)
- Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2009– present)
- M.D., Medicine, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (1975)
- B.S., Literature, Science, and Arts, University of Michigan (1971)
- Wagenman KL, Blake TP, Sanchez SM, Schultheis MT, Radcliffe J, Berg RA, Dlugos DJ, Topjian AA, Abend NS. Electrographic status epilepticus and long-term outcome in critically ill children. Neurology. 2013 In Press.
- *Maude SL, *Fitzgerald JC, Fisher BT, Li Y, Huang Y, Torp K, Seif AE, Kavcic M, Walker DM, Leckerman KH, Kilbaugh TJ, Rheingold SR, Sung L, Zaoutis TE, Berg RA, Nadkarni VM, Thomas NJ, Aplenc R. Outcome of pediatric acute myeloid leukemia patients receiving intensive care in the United States. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. 2014 In Press.
- Meert KL, Eggly S, Berg RA, Wessel DL, Newth CJ, Shanley TP, Harrison R, Dalton H, Clark AE, Dean JM, Doctor A, Nicholson CE; for the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Collaborative Pediatric Critical Care Research Network. Feasibility and perceived benefits of a framework for physician-parent follow-up meetings after a child?s death in the ICU. Critical Care Medicine. 2013 Epub ahead of print.
- Rodriguez SA, Sutton RM, Berg MD, Nishisaki A, Leffelman J, Meaney PA, Niles DE, Maltese M, Berg RA, Nadkarni VM. Simplified dispatcher instructions improve bystander chest compression quality during simulated pediatric resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2013 In Press.
- Sutton RM, Niles, DE, French B, Maltese MR, Leffelman J, Eilevstjonn J, Wolfe H, Nishisaki A, Meaney PA, Berg RA, Nadkarni VM. First quantitative analysis of cardiopulmonary resuscitation quality during in-hospital cardiac arrest of young children. Resuscitation. 2013 Epub ahead of pirnt.
- Bobrow BJ, Meaney PA, Berg RA. Resuscitation game changer. Journal of Emergency Medical Services. 2014 January:38-41.