The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Division of Emergency Medicine 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2004 – 2007)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1998 – 2004)
- M.D., Medicine, Buffalo School of Medicine (1987)
- B.S., Biology, State University of New York at Albany (1983)
- Zorc JJ, Scarfone RJ,Li Y, et al.. Scheduled follow-up after an emergency department visit for asthma: a randomized trial. Pediatrics. Vol 111(3). 2003:495-502.
- Scarfone RJ, Capraro GC, Zorc JJ. Demonstrated use of metered-dose inhalers and peak flow meters by children with acute asthma exacerbations. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. Vol 156. 2002:378-383.
- Scarfone RJ. Joint pain. Synopsis of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 4th ed.. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia; 2002:183-187.
- Mull CC, Dahdah NS, Scarfone RJ. Cerebral and coronary embolization of a valvular tumor. Pediatr Cardiol. Vol 23. 2002:71-73.
- Zorc JJ, Scarfone RJ. New frontiers in acute asthma therapy. Clin Ped Emerg Med. Vol 3. 2002:173-180.
- Scarfone RJ, Friedlaender EL. Beta-agonists in acute asthma-the evolving state of the art. Pediatric Emerg Care. Vol 18. 2002:442-447.
- Scarfone RJ, Zorc JJ, Capraro GC. Patient self-management of acute asthma: adherence to national guidelines a decade later. Pediatrics. Vol 108(6). 2001:1332-1338.