pre-transplant psychological evaluations; consultation and intervention to to improve adherence to medical regimens; adjustment to chronic renal disease
development and validation of measurement tools to assess adherence; psychosocial factors and barriers to medical adherence; interventions to improve adherence; treatment outcome research
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2009– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2003 – 2009)
- Fellow, Clinical Psychology, University of Florida Health Science Center (2000)
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Ohio University (1998)
- M.S., Clinical Psychology, Ohio University (1995)
- B.A., Psychology, SUNY Binghamton (1992)
- Zelikovsky N., Walsh A.. Medical Adherence. Requisite in Pediatrics: Nephrology/Urology. 2004.
- Zelikovsky N., Verb R.. Psychological considerations in renal disease.. Requisite in Pediatrics: Nephrology/Urology. 2004.
- Walsh A., Zelikovsky N.. Patient-physician communication.. Requisite in Pediatrics: Nephrology/Urology. 2004.
- Zelikovsky N., Kazak A.. Risks and protective factors for function with chronic illness.. Pediatrics. Elsevier Press; 2004:877-881.
- Salerno, A.E., Green, C., Zelikovsky, N., Gruber, P.J., Lodge, A., Meyers, K.E.C., & Kaplan, B.S.. Creation of a novel hemodialysis bridge graft to extend the life of an adolescent. Pediatric Nephrology. Vol 19. 2004:1297-1299.
- Gerson, A., Hwang, W., Fiorenza, J., Barth, K., Kaskel, F., Weiss, L., Zelikovsky, N., Fivus, B., & Furth, S.. Anemia and health-related quality of life in adolescents with chronic kidney disease. American Journal of Kidney Diseases. Vol 44. 2004:1017-1023.
- Gerson, A.C., Fivush, B.A., Pham, N., Weiss, R., Chandra, M., Zelikovsky, N., Kaskel, F., & Furth, S.L.. A longitudinal analysis of quality of life in adolescents with chronic kidney disease.. Abstract. Paper presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies' Meeting. 2004.
- Zelikovsky, N., Walsh, A.P., & Meyers, K.E.C.. Stress and coping among parents awaiting a child's kidney transplant.. Abstract. Society of Pediatric Psychology National Conference on Child Health. Charleston, SC.. 2004.
- Zelikovsky, N., Walsh, A.P., & Meyers, K.E.C.. Understanding barriers to adherence among adolescents with renal disease.. Abstract. Poster presented at the Society of Pediatric Psychology National Conference on Child Health. Charleston, SC. 2004.
- Zelikovsky, N., Walsh, A.P., & Meyers, K.E.C.. Correlates of non-adherence for adolescents one year after kidney transplant.. Abstract. Paper presented at the American Transplant Congress. Boston, MA. 2004.