Department of Surgery The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Richard Wood Center, 5th Floor 34th and Civic Center Boulevard
trauma; congenital abnormalities; oncology; gastrointestinal disorders
Firearms injury in children; solid organ injuries; injury prevention
- Professor of Surgery at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2010– present)
- Associate Professor of Surgery at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004 – 2010)
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1998 – 2004)
- M.D., Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA (1988)
- B.S., Biology, Rhodes College, Memphis, TN (1984)
- Nance ML., Lutz N., Arbogast KB., Cornejo RA., Kallan MJ., Winston FK., Durbin DR.. Optimal restraint reduces the risk of abdominal injury in children involved in motor vehicle crashes. Annals of Surgery. Vol 239(1) . 2004 Jan:127-31.
- Nance ML., Branas CC., Stafford PW., Richmond T., Schwab CW.. Nonintracranial fatal firearm injuries in children: implications for treatment. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. Vol 55(4) . 2003 Oct:631-5.
- Guillamondegui OD., Mahboubi S., Stafford PW., Nance ML.. The utility of the pelvic radiograph in the assessment of pediatric pelvic fractures. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. Vol 55(2) . 2003 Aug:236-9; discussion 239-40.
- Philpott JM., Nance ML., Carr MC., Canning DA., Stafford PW.. Ureteral stenting in the management of urinoma after severe blunt renal trauma in children. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. Vol 38(7) . 2003 Jul:1096-8.
- Lutz N., Arbogast KB., Cornejo RA., Winston FK., Durbin DR., Nance ML.. Suboptimal restraint affects the pattern of abdominal injuries in children involved in motor vehicle crashes. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. Vol 38(6) . 2003 Jun:919-23.
- Nance ML., Stafford PW.. Pediatric trauma is a surgical disease. [Letter]. Annals of Emergency Medicine. Vol 41(3) . 2003 Mar:423-4; author reply 424-5.
- Nance ML.. Incidental appendectomy in the symptomatic patient. [Letter]. Archives of Surgery. Vol 138(3) . 2003 Mar:343.
- Sharpe RP., Nance ML., Stafford PW.. Nonoperative management of blunt extrahepatic biliary duct transection in the pediatric patient: case report and review of the literature. [Review]. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. Vol 37(11) . 2002 Nov:1612-6.
- Kyle SB., Nance ML., Rutherford GW Jr., Winston FK.. Skateboard-associated injuries: participation-based estimates and injury characteristics. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. Vol 53(4) . 2002 Oct:686-90.
- Winston FK., Weiss HB., Nance ML., Vivarelli-O'Neill C., Strotmeyer S., Lawrence BA., Miller TR.. Estimates of the incidence and costs associated with handlebar-related injuries in children. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. Vol 156(9) . 2002 Sep:922-8.