CHOP 34th & CIVIC CENTER 4399
Dr. Harris is studying newborn infection and immunity, specifically the use of PCR and cytokines in the diagnosis of neonatal diseases.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1982 – 1985)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1985 – 1990)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1990 – 2006)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006– present)
- M.D., Dartmouth Medical School (1976)
- B.A., Vassar College (1972)
- Mollen TJ, Scarfone R, Harris MC. Acute, Severe Bilirubin Encephalopathy in a Newborn. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2003.
- Kilpatrick L, Harris MC. Development of Inflammatory Response in the Fetus and Neonate. Fetal and Neonatal Physiology. W.B. Saunders Company; 2003.
- Swanson WS, Harris MC, Master CL, Gallagher PJ, Mauro AE, Ludwig S. Make It or Break It: Evaluating the Interview in Pediatric Residency Applications. Pediatr Res. Vol 53. 2003:90A.
- Venditti CP, Harris MC, Huff D, Peterside I, Munson D, Weber HS, Rome J, Kaye EM, Shanske S, Sacconi S, DiMauro S, Berry GT. Congenital cardiomyopathy and pulmonary hypertension: another fatal variant of cytochrome c oxidase deficiency. Jour Inf Met Dis. 2003.
- Blinder J, Harris MC, Cohen MS. Echocardiographic Assessment and Treatment of Severe Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy in an Infant of a Diabetic Mother. American Journal of Cardiology. 2003.
- Harris MC, Marx J, Gallagher PR, Ludwig S. General Versus Subspecialty Pediatrics: Factors Leading to Resident Career Decisions over a 12 Year Period. Ambulatory Pediatrics. 2003.
- Harris MC. Is Jaundice Dangerous?. Child Magazine. 2002 Dec.-Jan..
- Harris MC, D?Angio CT, Gallagher P, Kaufman D, Evans JR, Kilpatrick L. Interleukin-8 levels (IL-8) in Bacterial Sepsis and Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC): Correlation with Clinical Parameters of Inflammation. Pediatr Res. Vol 51. 2002:140A.
- Zimmerman RA, Harris MC. MRI and Kernicterus (letter). Pediatrics. 2002.
- Harris MC, Marx J, Gallagher P, Ludwig S. General vs. Subspecialty Factors Leading to Resident Career Decisions Over an 11 Year Time Span. Pediatr Res. Vol 51. 2002:70A.