Dr. Schreiner has been interested in the design, execution and management of pediatric clinical trials trials, and in the ethical conduct of human subjects research, particularly pediatric research.
Human Subjects Research
Research Regulation and Compliance
Pediatric Clinical Trials
Drug Development, Pediatric
Multicenter Clinical Trial Coordination
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1993– present)
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1984 – 1993)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1988 – 1993)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1993– present)
- MD, Medicine, St. Louis University (1978)
- BA, Chemistry, The University of Rochester (1974)
- Schreiner, MS. Ensuring Transparency: Presenting the Trade-Offs Between the Research Treatment Options. American Journal of Bioethics. Vol 13(12) . 2013 December:50-2.
- Stricker PA, Zuppa1 AF, Fiadjoe JE, Maxwell LG, Sussman EM, Pruitt EY, Goebel TK,Gastonguay TR, Taylor JA, Bartlett SP, Schreiner MS. Population pharmacokinetics of epsilon-aminocaproic acid in infants undergoing craniofacial reconstruction surgery. British Journal of Anaesthesia. Vol 110. 2013:788-99.
- Apfelbaum JL, Silverstein JH, Chung FF, Connis RT, Fillmore RB, Hunt SE, Nichinovich, Schreiner, MS. Practice Guidelines for Postanesthetic Care: An Updated Report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Postanesthetic Care. Anesthesiology. Vol 96. 2013:291-307.
- Cook-Sather, SD, Gallagher, PR, Kruge, LE, Beus, JM, Ciampa, BP, Welch, KC, Shah-Hosseini, S, Choi, JS, Pachikara, R, Minger, K, Litman, RS, Schreiner, MS. Overweight/Obesity and Gastric Fluid Characteristics in Pediatric Day Surgery: Implications for Fasting Guidelines and Pulmonary Aspiration Risk. Anesthesia & Analgesia. Vol 109(3) . 2009:727-36.
- Tabbutt, S, Nicolson, SC, Adamson, PC, Zhang, X, Hoffman, ML, Wells, W, Backer, CL, McGowan, FX, Tweddell, JS, Bokesch, P and Schreiner, M. The safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetics of esmolol for blood pressure control immediately after repair of coarctation of the aorta in infants and children: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized trial. Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. Vol 136(2) . 2008:321-8.
- Tabbutt, S, Nicolson, SC, Dominguez, TE, Wells, W, Backer, CL, Tweddell, JS, Bokesch, P and Schreiner, M. Perioperative course in 118 infants and children undergoing coarctation repair via a thoracotomy: a prospective, multicenter experience. Journal of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. Vol 136(5) . 2008:1229-36.
- Anninger W, Forbes B, Quinn G, Schreiner MS. The effect of topical tetracaine eye drops on emergence behavior and pain relief after strabismus surgery. Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. Vol (in press). 2007.
- Adamson, PC, Rhodes LA, Saul JP, Dick M, Epstein MR, Moate P, Boston R, Schreiner MS. Pharmacokinetics of esmolol in pediatric subjects with supraventricular arrhythmias. Pediatric Cardiology. Vol 27. 2006:420-7.