pediatric carbohydrate metabolism
Dr. Levitt-Katz is a pediatric endocrinologist with a particular interest in patient-oriented research relating to carbohydrate disorders and insulin-like growth factors. Independent clinical investigations focus on insulin secretion in pediatric type 2 diabetes mellitus, the pediatric metabolic syndrome (a "pre-diabetic" state) and the physiology of fasting.
insulin-like growth factor axis
insulin resistance in children
type 2 diabetes in children
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1996 – 2006)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006– present)
- M.D., University of Connecticut (1989)
- B.A., Biology, Barnard College/Columbia University (1984)
- The TODAY Study Group (Katz, LEL - Study Group Member). Rapid Rise in Hypertension and Nephropathy in Youth with Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. Vol 36(6) . 2013 June:1735-1741.