The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Pathology, Rm. 5203 324 S. 34th Street
Perinatal and placental pathology; Pediatric surgical pathology.
Perinatal and placental pathology
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2005 – 2008)
- M.D., University of Connecticut School of Medicine (1999)
- M.H.S., Pathology, Quinnipiac College (1991)
- B.S., Biology, University of Illinois (1987)
- Ernst LM, Sondheimer N, Deardorff M, Bennett MJ Pawel B. The Value of the Metabolic Autopsy in the Pediatric Hospital Setting. Journal of Pediatrics. Vol 148(6) . 2006 June:779-783.
- Bhandari V, Bizzarro MJ, Shetty AH, Zhong XA, Page GP, Zhang H, Ment LR, Gruen JR, on behalf of the Neonatal Genetics Study Group*. (*Ernst, L.,co-author).. Familial and genetic susceptibility to major neonatal morbidities in preterm twins.. Pediatrics. Vol 117(6) . 2006 June:1901-6.
- Brucker B, Meadows A, Ernst LM, Zedric S. A second leiomyosarcoma in the urinary bladder of a child with a history of retinoblastoma 12 years following partial cystectomy. Pediatric Blood & Cancer.. Vol 46(7) . 2006 June:811-4.
- Salafia CM, Pezzullo JC, Charles AK, Ernst LM, Mass EM, Gross B, Pijenborg R.. Morphometry of the basal plate superficial uteroplacental vasculature in normal mid-trimester and at term. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology.. Vol 8(6) . 2005 November-December:639-646.
- Ernst LM, Crouch J, Rinder H, Howe JG. Bacterial etiology for chronic villitis is not supported by polymerase chain reaction for 16S rRNA DNA. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology.. Vol 8(6) . 2005 November-December:647-653.
- LM Ernst, C Mcgrath, Y Ma, D Chou, S Parry. Muscularization of Basal Plate Arteries In Placentas with Adeno-Associated Virus-2 Infection of Extravillous Trophoblast.. 2005 September.
- Heltzer ML, Choi JK, Ochs HD, Sullivan KE, Torgerson TR, Ernst LM. A Potential Screening Tool for IPEX Syndrome. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology. Vol 10(2) . 2007 March-April:98-105.
- Ernst LM, Parkash V. Placental pathology in fetal Bartter syndrome. Pediatric and Developmental Pathology. Vol 5(1) . 2002 January-February:76-9.
- Ernst LM, Hui P, Parkash V. Intraplacental smooth muscle tumor: a case report. International Journal of Gynecologic Pathology. Vol 20(3) . 2001 July:284-288.
- Ernst LM, Sanders MM, Salafia CM, Carter AM. Cell populations in the bone marrow of guinea pig fetuses with intrauterine growth retardation.. Pediatric Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Vol 17(4) . 1997 July-August:561-8.