Diagnosis and Management of Thromboembolic Events in Children
Dr. Raffini's field of interest is clinical research in pediatric hemostasis and thrombosis.
Diagnosis and Management of Bleeding Disorders in Children
Risk Factors for Thromboembolic Events in Children
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2003 – 2012)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2012– present)
- M.S., Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania (2005)
- M.D., University of Wisconsin (1996)
- B.S., Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin (1991)
- Ragni M, Fogarty P, Josephson N, Neff A, Raffini L, Kessler C.. Survey of current prophylaxis practice and bleeding characteristics of hemophilia children in U.S. Hemophilia Treatment Centers. Haemophilia. Vol 18(1) . 2012:63-68.
- Raffini, L.. Thromboembolic events in Children. Consultative Hemostasis and Thrombosis. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2012.
- Peutz J, Huang Y-S, Witmer C, Raffini L. Widespread use of fresh frozen plasma in U.S. Children's Hospitals despite limited evidence demonstrating a beneficial effect. J Pediatr. Vol 160(2) . 2012:210-215.
- Raffini L, Trimarchi T, Beliveau J, Davis D. Thromboprophylaxis in a pediatric hospital: a patient safety and quality improvement initiative. Pediatrics. Vol 127. 2011:e1326-1332.
- Witmer C, Huang Y-S, Lynch K, Raffini L, Shah S. Off label recombinant factor VIIa use in pediatric: A multicenter cohort study. J Pediatr. Vol 158. 2011:820-825.
- Gentilomo C, Huang Y-S, Raffini L.. Significant increase in clopidogrel use is U.S. Children?s hospitals. Pediatr Cardiol. Vol 32. 2011:167-172.
- Witmer C, Presley R, Kulkarni R, Soucie M, Manno C, Raffini L.. Associations between intracranial hemorrhage and prescribed prophylaxis in a large cohort of hemophilia patients in the United States.. Br J Haematol. Vol 152. 2011:211-216.
- Young G, Boshkov L, Sullivan J, Raffini L, Cox D, Boyle D, Kallender H, Tarka E, Soffer J, Hursting M.. Argatroban therapy in pediatric patients requiring non-heparin anticoagulation: An open-label safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. Vol 56(7) . 2011:1103-1109.
- Raffini L. Hereditary Predisposition to Thrombosis, Thrombotic Disorders in Children, Antithrombotic Therapy. Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics, 19th Edition. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2010.
- Kenet G, Lukhoff L, Albisetti M, Bernard T, Bonduel M, Brandao L, Chabrier S, Chan A, Cowan F, Fiedler B, Fullerton H, Ganesan V, Goldenberg N, Golumb M, Grabowski E, Heller C, Holzhaur S, Iorio A, Journeycake J, Kirkham F, Kurnik K, Lynch J, Male C, Manco-Johnson M, Mesters R, Monagle P, van Ommen H, Raffini L, Simioni P, Strater R, Young G, Nowak-Gottle U.. Impact of thrombophilia on arterial ischemic stroke or cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Circulation. Vol 121. 2010:1838-47.