Division of Hematology 11th Floor Colket Building The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th & Civic Center Blvd.
sickle cell disease; bone marrow failure, transfusion medicine
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1996 – 2006)
- MCEB, Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania (1995)
- MD, George Washington University (1989)
- MGA, General Administration, Specialization Health Care, University of Maryland (1985)
- BS, Duke University (1982)
- Caboot Jason B, Jawad Abbas F, McDonough Joseph M, Bowdre Cheryl Y, Arens Raanan, Marcus Carole L, Mason Thornton B A, Smith-Whitley Kim, Ohene-Frempong Kwaku, Allen Julian L. Non-invasive measurements of carboxyhemoglobin and methemoglobin in children with sickle cell disease.. Pediatric pulmonology. Vol 47(8) . 2012 Aug:808-15.
- Styles Lori, Wager Carrie G, Labotka Richard J, Smith-Whitley Kim, Thompson Alexis A, Lane Peter A, McMahon Lillian E C, Miller Robin, Roseff Susan D, Iyer Rathi V, Hsu Lewis L, Castro Oswaldo L, Ataga Kenneth I, Onyekwere Onyinye, Okam Maureen, Bellevue Rita, Miller Scott T. Refining the value of secretory phospholipase A2 as a predictor of acute chest syndrome in sickle cell disease: results of a feasibility study (PROACTIVE).. British journal of haematology. Vol 157(5) . 2012 Jun:627-36.
- Mackenzie John D, Hernandez Andrea, Pena Andres, Ruppert Kai, Khrichenko Dmitry, Gonzalez Leonardo, Jawad Abbas F, Wells Lawrence, Smith-Whitley Kim, Jaramillo Diego. Magnetic resonance imaging in children with sickle cell disease--detecting alterations in the apparent diffusion coefficient in hips with avascular necrosis.. Pediatric radiology. Vol 42(6) . 2012 Jun:706-13.