The University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition 3535 Market Street, Room 1585
- Research Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2012– present)
- M.T.R., Translational Research, degree expected 2013, The University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine (2013)
- Ph.D., Kinesiology; emphasis in Exercise Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University (2008)
- M.S., Kinesiology; emphasis in Exercise Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University (2004)
- B.S., Physical Education; emphasis in Corporate Fitness, The College of New Jersey, formerly Trenton State College (1998)
- None, Study Abroad, The University of Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland (1997)
- Bertolaso C, Schall JI, Groleau V, Maqbool A, Mascarenhas M, Latham N, Dougherty KA, Stallings VA. Fat soluble vitamin status in children with cystic fibrosis and pancreatic insufficiency on a nutrition intervention. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. Vol Accepted for Publication. 2013.
- Groleau V, Herold RA, Schall JI, Wagner JL, Dougherty KA, Zemel BS, Rutstein RM, Stallings VA. Lead concentration not altered by high dose vitamin D supplementation in children and young adults with HIV. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. Vol 56(3) . 2013:316-319.
- Dougherty KA, Schall JI, Kawchak DA, Green MH, Ohene-Frempong K, Zemel BS, Stallings VA. No improvement in suboptimal vitamin A status with a randomized double-blind placebo controlled trial of vitamin A supplementation in children with sickle cell disease. Am J Clin Nutr. Vol 96(4) . 2012:932-940.
- Doughterty KA, Schall JI, Rovner AJ, Stallings VA, Zemel BS. Attenuated maximal muscle strength and peak power in children with sickle cell disease. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. Vol 32(2) . 2011:93-97.
- Dougherty KA, Chow M, Kenney WL. Critical environmental limits for exercising heat-acclimated lean and obese boys. Eur J appl Physiol. Vol 108(4) . 2010:779-789.
- Dougherty KA, Schall JI, Stallings VA. Suboptimal vitamin K status despite supplementation in children and young adults with cystic fibrosis. Am J Cliln Nutr. Vol 92(3) . 2010:660-667.
- Dougherty KA, Chow M, Kenney WL. Responses of lean and obese boys to repeated summer exercise/heat bouts. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Vol 41(2) . 2009:279-289.
- Baker LB, Dougherty KA, Chow M, Kenney WL. Progressive dehydration causes a progressive decline in basketball skill performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Vol 39(7) . 2007:1114-1123.
- Leidy HJ, Dougherty KA, Frye BR, Duke KM, Williams NI. 24 hr ghrelin is elevated after calorie restriction and exercise training in non-obese women. Obesity. Vol 15(2) . 2007:446-455.
- Dougherty KA, Baker LB, Chow M, Kenney WL. Two percent dehydration impairs and six percent carbohydrate drink improves boys basketball skills. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Vol 38(9) . 2006:1650-1658.