The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th Street & Civic Center Boulevard
- Centers and Programs:
Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1987 – 1990)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1990 – 1996)
- Associate Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1996 – 2000)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1996 – 2002)
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1997 – 2000)
- Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2002 – 2008)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002– present)
- Cert., Certificate in Heatlhcare Quality & Patient Safety, Northwestern University (2010)
- Cert., Executive Training Program in Patient Safety, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Boston, MA (2009)
- M.S., Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (1987)
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY (1982)
- B.S., Biology, Union College, Schenectady, NY (1978)
- Alessandrini, E.A., Lavelle, J.M., Grenfell, S., Jacobstein, C.R., Shaw, K.N.. Return Visits within 48 Hours to a Pediatric Emergency Department. Pediatric Emergency Care. Vol 20(3) . 2004 March:166-171.
- Levine, D.A., Platt, S.L, Dayan, P.S., Macias, C.G., Zorc, J.J., Krief, W., Schor, J., Bank, D., Fefferman, N., Shaw, K.H., Kuppermann, N.Multicenter RSV-SBI Study Group of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Collaborative Research Committee of the American Academy of Pediatrics.. Risk of serious bacterial infection in young febrile infants with respiratory syncytial virus infection.. Pediatrics. Vol 113(6) . 2004 June:1728-1734.
- Spandorfer, P.R., Alessandrini, E.A., Shaw, K.N., Ludwig, S.. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Research: a critical evaluation. Pediatric Emergency Care. Vol 19(5) . 2003 October:293-301.
- Shaw, K.N., Ruddy, R.M., Gorelick, M.H.. Pediatric Emergency Department Directors' Benchmarking Survey-Fiscal Year 2001. Pediatric Emergency Care. (19) . 2003:143-147.
- Gorelick, M.H., Hoberman, A., Kearney, D., Wald, E., Shaw, K.N.. Validation of a Decisions Rule Identifying Febriel Young Girls at High Risk for Urinary Tract Infection. Pediatric Emergency Care. (19) . 2003:162-164.
- Allessandrini, E.A., Mandell, D.S., Shaw, K.N.. Emergency Department Reliance In An Urban Medicaid Population. Poster Presentation, Pediatric Academic Socieities Meeting. 2003 March.
- Alessandrini, E.A., Bilker, W.B., Shaw, K.N.. Measures of Emergency Department Use In Suburban Versus Urban Infants Enrolled In Medicaid. Poster Presentation Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting. 2003 March.
- Psoner, J.C., Liao, E., Winston, F.K., Cnaan, A., Shaw, K.N., Durbin, D.R.. Exposure to Traffic Among Urban Children Injured as Pedestrians. Injury Prevention. (8) . 2002:231-235.
- Nadel, F.M., Aronson, S.A., Giardino, A.P., Shaw, K.N.. Childcare In Pennsylvannia 2000: Policy, Practice, and Procedure. Poster Presentation at the Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting. 2002 May.
- Alessanadrini, E.A., Shaw, K.N., Bilker, W.B., Schwarz, D.F.,Schwartz, J.S.. Predicting Emergency Department Reliance in Medicaid Newborns. Platform, Pediatric Academic Socieities. 2002 May.