Division of Emergency Medicine Colket CTRB 9004 Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th & Civic Center Blvd.
Pediatric acute respiratory disease (Asthma/Bronchiolitis)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2014– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1998 – 2007)
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2004 – 2007)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2007 – 2014)
- M.S.C.E., Clinical Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania (2008)
- M.D., Columbia University (1992)
- B.A., Biochemical Sciences, Harvard University (1988)
- Zorc JJ, Scarfone RJ, Li Y, Hong T, Harmelin M, Grunstein L, Andre J. Scheduled follow-up after a pediatric emergency department visit for asthma. Pediatrics. Vol 111(3). 2003:495-502.
- Zorc JJ, Scarfone RJ, Li Y. Predicting follow-up after an emergency department visit for asthma. Journal of Asthma. Vol 42. 2005:571-576.
- Zorc J, Pusic MV, Ogborn CJ, Lebet R, Duggan A.. Ipratropium bromide added to asthma treatment in the pediatric emergency department.. Pediatrics. Vol 103. 1999:748-752.
- Scarfone RJ, Zorc JJ, Angsuco C.. Emergency physicians' prescribing of asthma controller medications.. Pediatrics. Vol 117. 2006:821-827.
- Scarfone RJ, Zorc JJ, Capraro GA. Patient self-management of acute asthma: Adherence to national guidelines a decade later.. Pediatrics. Vol 108. 2001:1332-1338.
- Zorc JJ, Levine DA, Platt SL, Dayan PS, Marcias CG, Krief WI, Schor J, Bank D, Shaw K, Kupperman N and the Mulitcenter RSV-SBI Study Group fo rthe Pediatric Emergency Medicine Collaborative Research Committee of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Clinical and demographic factors associated with urinary tract infection in young febrile infants. Pediatrics. Vol 116. 2005:644-8.
- Levine D, Platt S, Dayan P, Macias C, Zorc J, Krief W, Schor J, Bank D, Jacobstein C, Stein M, Shaw K, Kuppermann N for the Multicenter RSV-SBI Study Group for the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Collaborative Research Committee of the American Academy of Pediatrics.. The risk of serious bacterial infection in young febrile infants with respiratory syncytial virus infections. Pediatrics. Vol 113. 2004:1728-34.
- Zorc JJ, Kiddoo DA, Shaw KN. Diagnosis and management of pediatric urinary tract infections. Clinical Microbiologic Reviews. Vol 18 (2). 2005:471-422.
- Scarfone, RJ, Capraro, GA, Zorc JJ, Zhao H. Demonstrated use of metered-dose inhalers and peak flow meters by children with acute asthma exacerbations. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. Vol 156. 2002:378-383.