Division of Cardiology CHOP 34th & Civic Center Blvd.
CVI Program Unit(s):
Cardiovascular Development / Congenital Heart Disease
CVI Research Description:
Pulmonary arterial growth and remodelling in development and disease states
Transcatheter interventional therapy of congenital heart disease
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2010– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1994 – 2002)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002 – 2010)
- M.D., Stanford University (1982)
- BA, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH (1978)
- Paolillo JA, Kreutzer J, Clark BJ, Rome JJ. Flow Characteristics predict in-stent restenosis in congenital heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. Vol 41. 2003:488A.
- Scherpereel A, Rome JJ, Wiewrodt R, Watkins SC, Harshaw DW, Alder S, Christofidou-Solomidou M, Haut E, Murciano JC, Nakada M, Albelda SM, Muzykantov VR. Platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1-directed immunotargeting to cardiopulmonary vasculature. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. Vol 300. 2002:777-786.
- Kreutzer J, Rome JJ. Open-cell design stents in congenital heart disease: a comparison of Intrastent vs. Palmaz stents. Cathet Cardiovasc Intervent. Vol 56. 2002:400-409.
- Zeltzer I, Menteer J, Gaynor JW, Clark BJ, Rome JJ. Impact of re-coarctation following Norwood operation on survival in the balloon angioplasty era. Circulation. Vol 106 Supp. 2002.
- Rome JJ, Kreutzer J. The Role of Cardiac Catheterization During Staged Reconstruction of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. The Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell; 2002.
- Robinson A, Bridges ND, Fellows KE, Rome JJ. Effectiveness of pharmecomechanical thrombolysis in infants and children. Am J Cardiol. Vol 87. 2001:496-498.
- Ro PS, Weinberg PM, Delrosario J, Rome JJ. Predicting the identity of decompressing veins after cavopulmonary anastomoses. Am J Cardiol. Vol 88. 2001:31-34.
- Mahle WJ, Rychik J, Gaynor JW, Spray TL, Rome JJ. Restrictive inter-atrial communication following reconstructive surgery for hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Am J Cardiol. Vol 88. 2001:1454-1457.
- McElhinney DB, Yang SG, Hogarty AN, Rychik J, Gleason MM, Zachary CH, Rome JJ, Karl TR, DeCampli WM, Spray TL, Gaynor JW. Recurrent arch obstruction after repair of isolated coarctation of the aorta in neonates and young infants: is low birth weight a risk factor?. J Thorac Cardovasc Surg. Vol 122. 2001:883-90.
- Bush DM, Jenkins K, Lock JE, Hellenbrand W, Moore P, Landzberg M, Rome J. Use of STARFlex occlusion device reduces residual flow compared with CardioSEAL in the management of patent foramen ovale. Circulation. Vol 104. 2001:II-746.