Emergency Department Offices The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Emergency Department-based Violence Prevention
Emergency Department Mental Health Evaluation
Procedural Pain Management
Keywords: Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, Mental Health, Violence Prevention
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2008 – 2010)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1993 – 2002)
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1997 – 1999)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002 – 2010)
- Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2010– present)
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2010– present)
- M.P.H., General, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2005)
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine (1988)
- B.A., Biology and Psychology, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT. (1984)
- Pailler ME, Kassam-Adams N, Datner EM, Fein JA. Depression, Acute Stress and Behavioral Risk Factors in Violently-injured Adolescents. General Hospital Psychiatry. Vol 29(4) . 2007:357-63.
- Fein JA, Gorelick MH. Triage Application of Topical Anesthetic for IVs in the Pediatric Emergency Department. Academic Emergency Medicine. Vol 13(3) . 2006:264-268.
- Bair-Merritt M, Mollen CJ, Fein JA. A Randomized Clinical Trial Regarding The Acceptability of An Audiotape Questionnaire for Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Screening in a Pediatric Emergency Department (ED). Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. Vol 160. 2006:311-316.
- Bair-Merritt M, Mollen CJ, Yau PL, Fein JA. Impact of domestic violence posters on female caregivers' opinions about domestic violence screening and disclosure in a pediatric emergency department. Pediatric Emergency Care. Vol 22(11) . 2006:689-693.
- Bair-Merritt M, Mollen C, Yau PL, Fein J. Health Care Providers' Impressions of Intimate Partner Violence Resources and Screening in a Pediatric Emergency Department.. Pediatric Emergency Care. Vol 22(3) . 2006:150-153.
- Kassam-Adams N, J. Felipe Garcia-España J, Fein JA, Winston FK. Heart rate and posttraumatic stress in injured children.. Archives of General Psychiatry. Vol 62. 2005:335-340.
- Wilkinson DL, Kurtz EM, Lane P, Fein JA. The Emergency Department Approach to Violently Injured Patient Care: A Regional Survey.. Injury Prevention. Vol 11. 2005:206-208.
- Cohn JM, Ginsburg KR, Kassam-Adams N, Fein JA. Adolescent Decisional Autonomy Regarding Participation in an Emergency Department Youth Violence Interview.. American Journal of Bioethics. Vol 5(5) . 2005.
- Mollen CJ, Fein JA, Localio AR, Durbin DR. Characterization of interpersonal events involving females vs. events involving males.. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. Vol 158. 2004:545-550.
- Fein JA, Kassam-Adams N, Gavin M,, Huang R, Blanchard D, Datner EM.. Persistence of post-traumatic stress in violently injured youth seen in the emergency department.. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. Vol 156. 2002:836-840.
- Fein JA, Ginsburg KR, McGrath ME, Shofer FS, Flamma J, Datner EM. Violence prevention in the emergency department: Clinician attitudes and limitations.. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. Vol 154. 2000:495-498.
- Fein JA, Callahan JM, Boardman CR, Gorelick M. Predicting the need for topical anesthetic in the pediatric emergency department.. Pediatrics. Vol 104. 1999:e19.