General pediatric hematology, thalassemia, sickle cell disease, transfusional iron overload, chelation therapy
The research interests of Dr. Kwiatkowski include stroke and stroke prevention in sickle cell disease, transfusional iron overload and chelation therapy, and diagnosis and treatment of clinical complications of thalassemia.
Optimization of iron chelation, stroke prevention in sickle cell disease, headaches in sickle cell disease, transfusion therapy
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2008– present)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1999 – 2008)
- MSCE, Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania (2003)
- M.D., Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons (1992)
- B.S., Zoology, Duke University, summa cum laude (1988)
- Arkuszewski Michal, Krejza Jaroslaw, Chen Rong, Ichord Rebecca, Kwiatkowski Janet L, Bilello Michel, Zimmerman Robert, Ohene-Frempong Kwaku, Melhem Elias R. Prevalence of intracranial stenosis and silent cerebral infarcts in children with sickle cell anemia and low risk of stroke.. International journal of stroke : official journal of the International Stroke Society. Vol 8(7) . 2013 Oct:E50-1.