The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Division of Neonatology 2nd Floor, Room 2415 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard
Neonatal randomized trials: blood transfusions, forms of ventilation;
also clinical studies in neonatal lung injury, bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Finally, ethics and decison-making in newborn medicine.
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2007– present)
- FRCP, Royal Colleges, London (1998)
- FRCP, Royal Colleges, Canada (1985)
- MRCP, Pediatrics (by exam), Royal Colleges, London (1982)
- FRCS Pt1, Southampton University Medical School (1978)
- BM, Southhampton University Medical School (1976)
- Kirpalani Haresh, Zupancic John A F. Do transfusions cause necrotizing enterocolitis? The complementary role of randomized trials and observational studies.. Seminars in perinatology. Vol 36(4) . 2012 Aug:269-76.
- Guillén Ursula, Cummings James J, Bell Edward F, Hosono Shigerharu, Frantz Axel R, Maier Rolf F, Whyte Robin K, Boyle Elaine, Vento Max, Widness John A, Kirpalani Haresh. International survey of transfusion practices for extremely premature infants.. Seminars in perinatology. Vol 36(4) . 2012 Aug:244-7.
- Abbasi Soraya, Sivieri Emidio, Roberts Robin, Kirpalani Haresh. Accuracy of tidal volume, compliance, and resistance measurements on neonatal ventilator displays: an in vitro assessment.. Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies. Vol 13(4) . 2012 Jul:e262-8.
- Dysart Kevin C, Kirpalani Haresh M, Kirpalani Haresh M, Wusthoff Courtney J, Seshia Shashi S. Amplitude-integrated electroencephalography: a runaway horse?. The Canadian journal of neurological sciences. Le journal canadien des sciences neurologiques. Vol 39(3) . 2012 May:267-8.
- Guillén Úrsula, Suh Sanghee, Munson David, Posencheg Michael, Truitt Elissa, Zupancic John A F, Gafni Amiram, Kirpalani Haresh. Development and pretesting of a decision-aid to use when counseling parents facing imminent extreme premature delivery.. The Journal of pediatrics. Vol 160(3) . 2012 Mar:382-7.
- Kamholz Karen L, Dukhovny Dmitry, Kirpalani Haresh, Whyte Robin K, Roberts Robin S, Wang Na, Mao WenYang, Zupancic John A F. Economic evaluation alongside the Premature Infants in Need of Transfusion randomised controlled trial.. Archives of disease in childhood. Fetal and neonatal edition. Vol 97(2) . 2012 Mar:F93-8.
- Guillén Ursula, DeMauro Sara, Ma Li, Zupancic John, Roberts Robin, Schmidt Barbara, Kirpalani Haresh. Relationship between attrition and neurodevelopmental impairment rates in extremely preterm infants at 18 to 24 months: a systematic review.. Archives of pediatrics & adolescent medicine. Vol 166(2) . 2012 Feb:178-84.
- Giaccone Annie, Kirpalani Haresh. Judgment often impossible without randomized trials. Commentary on N. Patel: use of milrinone to treat cardiac dysfunction in infants with pulmonary hypertension secondary to congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a review of six patients (Neonatology 2012;102:130-136).. Neonatology. Vol 102(2) . 2012:137-8.
- Bamat Nicolas, Millar David, Suh Sanghee, Kirpalani Haresh. Positive end expiratory pressure for preterm infants requiring conventional mechanical ventilation for respiratory distress syndrome or bronchopulmonary dysplasia.. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online). Vol 1. 2012:CD004500.
- Guillen Ursula, DeMauro Sara, Ma Li, Zupancic John, Wang Eileen, Gafni Amiram, Kirpalani Haresh. Survival rates in extremely low birthweight infants depend on the denominator: avoiding potential for bias by specifying denominators.. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology. Vol 205(4) . 2011 Oct:329.e1-7.