The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 3535 Market Street, Room 1472
Dr. Bunin's research focuses on the role of environmental exposures and genetic susceptibility and their interaction in the etiology of childhood cancers including retinoblastoma and brain tumors.
- Research Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1987 – 1994)
- Research Associate Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1994 – 2012)
- Associate Professor of Epidemiology in Biostatistics and Epidemiology at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1996 – 2005)
- Ph.D., Epidemiology, University of California, Berkeley (1984)
- M.S., Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco (1982)
- B.A., Biochemistry, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1977)
- Barakat LP, Schwartz LA, Szabo MM, Hussey HM, Bunin GR. Factors that contribute to post-treatment follow-up care for survivors of childhood cancer. J Cancer Surviv. Vol epub ahead of print. 2011 Dec.
- Bunin GR, Vardhanabhuti S, Lin A, Anschuetz GL, Mitra N. Practical and analytical aspects of using friend controls in case-control studies: experience from a case-control study of childhood cancer. Paediatr Perinatal Epidemiol. Vol epub. 2011.
- Khan S, Evans AA, Rorke-Adams L, Orjuela MA, Shiminski-Maher T, Bunin GR. Head injury, diagnostic X-rays, and risk of medulloblastoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumor: a Children's Oncology Group study.. Cancer Causes Control. Vol 21(7) . 2010 Jul:1017-23.
- Bunin GR, Felice MA, Davidson W, Friedman DL, Shields CL, Maidment A, O'Shea M, Nichols KE, Leahey A, Dunkel IJ, Jubran R, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Schmidt M, Weinstein JL, Goldman S, Abramson DH, Wilson MW, Gallie BL, Chan HSL, Shapiro M, Cnaan A, Ganguly A, Meadows AT. Medical radiation exposure and risk of retinoblastoma resulting from new germline RB1 mutation.. Int J Cancer.. 2010 Jul.
- Bosco JLF, Tseng M, Spector LG, Olshan AF, Bunin GR. Reproducibility of reported nutrient intake and supplement use during a past pregnancy: a report from the Children's Oncology Group.. Paediatr Perinatal Epidemiol. Vol 24(1) . 2010 Jan:93-101.
- Puumala SE, Spector LG, Robinson LL, Bunin GR, Olshan AF, Linaberry AM, Roesler MA, Blair CK, Ross JA.. Comparibility and representativeness of control groups in a case-control study of leukemia: a report from the Children's Oncology Group PMID 19498073. Am J Epidemiol. Vol 170(3) . 2009 June:379-87.
- Rebbeck TR, DeMichele A, Tran TV, Panossian S, Bunin GR, Troxel AB, Strom BL.. Hormone-dependent effects of FGFR2 and MAP3K1 in breast cancer susceptibility in a population-bases sample of post-menopausal African-American and European women. PMID: 19028704. Carcinogenesis. Vol 30(2) . 2009 February:269-74.
- Daniels JL., Pan IJ., Olshan AF., Breslow NE., Bunin GR., Ross JA.. Obstetric history and birth characteristics and Wilms tumor a report from the Children's Oncology Group PMID:18509732. Cancer Causes Control. Vol 19(10) . 2008:1103-10.
- Rosso AL., Hovinga ME., Rorke-Adams LB., Spector LG., Bunin GR.. A case-control study of childhood brain tumors and fathers? hobbies: a Children?s Oncology Group study PMID:18560982. Cancer Causes Control. Vol 19(10) . 2008:1201-7.
- DeMichele A., Troxel AB., Berlin JA., Weber AL., Bunin GR., Turzo E., Schinnar R., Burgh D., Berlin M., Rubin SC., Rebbeck TR., Strom BL.. Impact of Raloxifene or Tamoxifen use on endometrial cancer risk: a population-based case-control study PMID:18757329. J Clin Oncol. Vol 26(25) . 2008:4151-9.