Physician-in-Chief Suite Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34th and Civic Center Boulevard
- Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2008– present)
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1987 – 1988)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1988 – 1994)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1994 – 1996)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1996 – 2008)
- M.B.A., Health Care Administration, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (1987)
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University (1982)
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University (1982)
- A.B., Biology, Brown University, Magna Cum Laude (1977)
- Lowe RA, Localio JR, Schwarz D, Williams S, Tuton L, Maroney S, Nicklin D, Feldman HI.. Characteristics of primary care practices affect patients' emergency department use.. Academic Emergency Medicine. Vol 10(5). 2003:512.
- Braverman PK, Schwarz DF, DeForest A, Hodinka RL, McGowan KL, Mortensen JE.. Use of ligase chain reaction for laboratory identification of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in adolescent women.. J. Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. Vol 15(1). 2002:37-41.
- Ginsburg KR, Winn RJ, Rudy BJ, Crawford J, Huaqing Z, Schwarz DF.. How to reach sexual minority youth in the health care setting: The teens offer guidance.. J. Adol. Health. Vol 31(5). 2002:407-416.
- Cheng TL, Wright JL, Fields CB, Brenner RA, O'Donnell R, Schwarz DF, Scheidt PC and the DC Child/Adolescent Injury Research Network.. Violent injuries among adolescents: Declining morbidity and mortality in an urban population.. Annals of Emergency Medicine. Vol 37(3). 2001:292-300.
- Alessandrini EA, Shaw KN, Bilker WB, Schwarz DF, Bell LM.. The effects of Medicaid managed care on quality: childhood immunizations.. Pediatrics. Vol 107(6). 2001:1335-1342.
- Murphy DA, Durako SJ, Moscicki A, Vermund SH, Ma Y, Schwarz DF, Muenz LR, and the Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network.. No change in health risk behaviors over time among HIV infected adolescent in care: Role of psychological distress.. J. Adol. Health. Vol 29 (3supp). 2001:57-63.
- Schwarz DF, Henry-Reid L, Houser J, Ma Y, and the Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network.. The association of perceived health, clinical status, and initiation of HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy) in adolescents.. J. Adol. Health. Vol 29 (3supp). 2001:115-122.
- Alessandrini EA, Shaw KN, Bilker WB, Perry KA, Baker MD, Schwarz DF.. The effects of Medicaid managed care on health care use: Infant emergency department and ambulatory services.. Pediatrics. Vol 31(5). 2001:103-110.
- Catallozzi M, Pletcher JR, Schwarz DF.. Prevention of suicide in adolescents.. Opinions in Pediatrics. Vol 13(5). 2001:417-422.
- Ginsburg KR, Forke CM, Kinsman SB, Fleegler E, Grimes EK, Rosenbloom T, Schneider JS, Schwarz DF.. Retention in the United States Job Corps: Analysis and Recommendations.. U.S. Department of Labor.. 2001.