CHOP 34th & CIVIC CENTER 4399
- Emeritus Associate Professor CE of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2010– present)
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1987 – 1987)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1987 – 1993)
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1993 – 1996)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (1996 – 2010)
- Ph.D., University of Mississippi (1975)
- MS, University of .Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS (1973)
- BS, Delta State University, Cleveland, MS (1969)
- Fang, C.Y., Miller, S.M., Mangan, C.E., Belch, R., Campbell, D.E., Douglas, S.D. The effects of avoidance on cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells in women with cervical lesions. Psycho-Oncology. 2003.
- Kilpatrick, L.E., Lee, J.Y., Haines, K.M., Campbell, D.E., Sullivan, K.E., and Korchak, H.M. A role for delta-PKC and PI3-kinase in TNF-alpha mediated anti-apoptotic signaling in the human neutrophil. Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. Vol 283. 2002:C48-57.
- Hakonarson, H., Whelen, R., Leiter, J., Kim, C., Chen, M., Campbell, D., and Grunstein, M.M. T lymphocyte-mediated changes in airway smooth muscle responsiveness are attributed to induced autocrine release and actions of interleukin (IL)-5 and IL-1B. J. Allergy. Clin. Immunol. Vol 110. 2002:624-633.
- Chehimi, J., Campbell, D.E., Azzoni, L., Bacheller, D., Papasavvas, E., Jerandi, G., Mounzer, K., Kostman, J., Trinchieri, G., Montener, L.J. Persistant decreases in blood plasmacytoid dendritic cell number and function despite effective highly active antiretroviral therapy and increased blood myeloid dendritic cells in HIV-infected individuals. J. Immunol. Vol 168. 2002:4796-4801.
- Starr, S.E., Saar, M., Campbell, D.E., Wilson, C.M., and Douglas, S.D. Increased proliferation within T lymphocyte subsets of HIV-infected adolescents. AIDS Res. Human Retroviruses. Vol 18. 2002:1301-1310.
- Hakonarson, H., Kim, C., Whelan, R., Campbell, D., and Grunstein, M.M. Bi-directional activation between human airway smooth muscle cells and T lymphocytes: role in induction of altered airway responsiveness. J. Immunol. Vol 166. 2001:293-303.
- Orange, J.S., Chehimi, J., Ghavimi, D., Campbell, D., Sullivan, K.E. Decreased natural killer (NK) cell function in chronic NK lymphocytosis associated with decreased surface expression of CD11b. Clin. Immunol. Vol 99. 2001:53-64.
- Kamani, N., Kattamis, A., Carroll, A., Campbell, D., and Bunin, N. Immune reconstitution after autologous purged bone marrow transplantation in children. J. Ped. Hem. Oncol. Vol 22. 2000:13-19.
- Nissim, I., Starr, S.E., Sullivan, K.E., Campbell, D.E., Douglas, S.D., Daikhin, Y., Nissim, I., and Yudkoff, M. Rapid method for determining the rate of DNA synthesis and cellular proliferation. Anal. Biochem. Vol 278. 2000:198-205.
- Reimann, K.A., O'Gorman, M.R.G., Spritzler, J., Wilkening, C., Sabath, D.E., Helm, K., Campbell, D.E., and the DAIDS/NIAID New Technology Evaluation Group. A multisite comparison of CD4 and CD8 T lymphocyte counting by single vs multiple platform methodologies: evaluation of Beckman Coulter Flow-Count fluorospheres and tetraONE System. Clin. Diag. Lab. Immunol. Vol 7. 2000:344-351.