CVI Program Unit(s):
Cardiovascular Development / Congenital Heart Disease
CVI Research Description:
We are interested in understanding the biological and molecular mechanisms
underlying responses to hypoxia during cardiovascular development.
Developmental Biology Program for Pediatric Disorders
Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells
Mouse Embryonic Explants
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2006 – 2007)
- PhD, Immunology, University of Rochester (1997)
- MS, Biology, Florida International University (1990)
- BS, Biology, Florida International University (1986)
- Ramirez-Bergeron, D., Runge A., Cowden Dahl, K., Fehling H-J., Keller, G. and Simon, M.C.. Hypoxia affects mesoderm and enhances hemangioblast specification during early development.. Development. Vol 131. 2004:463.
- Dahl, R.*, Ramirez-Bergeron, D.*, Rao, S. and Simon, M.C. *equal contribution. SpiB can substitute for PU.1 in myelopoiesis but not lymphopoiesis. EMBO. Vol 21. 2002:2220-2230.
- Simon M.C., Ramirez-Bergeron, D., Mack F., Hu C.J., Pan Y., and Mansfield K... Hypoxia, HIFs, and cardiovascular development.. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol.. (67) . 2002:127-132.
- Ramirez-Bergeron, D. and Simon, M.C.. Hypoxia inducible factor and the development of stem cells of the cardiovascular system.. Stem Cells. (4) . 2001:279-286..
- Hu, C.-J., Rao, S., Ramirez-Bergeron, D., Garrett-Sinha L.A., Gerondakis S., Clark M.R., and Simon M.C.. PU.1/Spi-B Regulation of c-rel Is Essential for Mature B Cell Survival.. Immunity. Vol 15. 2001:545-555.
- Ramirez-Bergeron, D., Barth R.K, and Ryan C.K.. Development of polycystic kidney disease in IL-3 transgenic mice.. Transgenics. Vol 3(4) . 2001 139.
- Ramirez-Bergeron, D., Ryan C.K., and Barth R.K.. Chronic expression of IL-3 in the liver of transgenic mice results in hepatic inflammation, steatosis, and necrosis.. Transgenics. Vol 3(1) . 2000:71.
- Gaspari A.A., Burns R.P., Nasir A., Ramirez, D., Barth R.K. and Haidaris C.G.. CD86 (B7-2) but not CD80 (B7-1) in the epidermis of transgenic mice enhances immunogenicity of primary cutaneous C. albicans infections.. Infect. Immun.. Vol 66(9) . 1998:4440.
- Burns, R.. Nasir, A. Ferbel, B. Ramirez , D. Barth, R. Gaspari, A.. The T-cell costimulatory molecules B7-1 (CD80) and B7-2 (CD86) when expressed on keratinocytes deliver different signals during hypersensitivity responses.. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. Vol 110(4) . 1998:4477.
- Ramirez-Bergeron D., D. Baggs R.B., Ryan, D. and Barth R.K.. Disregulation of Interleukin-6 expression in the livers of transgenic mice results in hepatic hemochromatosis, hepatocyte atrophy and hypochromic microcytic anemia.. Trangenics. Vol 21. 1998:259.